The Dam Broke But No Water

Talking about bodies a prospecting buddy lives in Oklahoma near Grand Lake. Anytime it would be a drowning on the lake they’d call on him to find it .Well on one of his dives he came across a babies bones all together. He notified the people who got him out but they didn’t show any interest and it’s still there as far as he knows. He said it was the sheriffs department he was dealing with.

That’s sad no one cared enough to find out what may happen to it .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 2

On 4/15/2023 at 10:18 AM, Ridge Runner said:

That’s right we have broken Dam’s here in south Texas. A while back one of the Dam gates broke and when that happen they had to lower the river level. Now on the shallow side you can walk on dry ground .

This took place about 15 miles above my home town of Seguin .

The good thing they have lowered the river above and below Seguin for about give are take 15 miles.

The River is called Guadalupe River and it was decided to repair all gates saying it could take maybe as long as three years to do so .

Now here’s what one can expect to find is lot of anything to do with fishing gear. Along the way you will find several bridges going over it . This where people throw away things they want lost forever. I’d say the number one item would be a gun and who knows a body now & then.

I’ll post pictures when I go back down there again and that will be next week. I want to scope out some of the better places to go in at.

I’m not much on fishing anymore but at the time you won’t find me throwing anything away. I’ve found everything has value so waste not want not .haha

Until then when ever that is .

Chuck 

There could be a treasure buried behind old dams, especially those with lakes that were large enough for boats to be on. When I was a kid, I found a heavy 18ct gold women’s bracelet shining in the dried silt behind an old dam that was under repair. My mom kept it after repairing the broken clasp on it. Apparently some woman, possibly on a boat lost it while dangling her arm overboard?

One  thing for sure though, you’d probably dig up more lead than you’d ever want to dig or see while detecting there!

• Like 3

• The title was changed to The Dam Broke But No Water

Well I was down that way today and we’ve been getting lots of rain and the river is up . The weather man shows rain all this week. It still shows lots of places one could hunt but not as many around Easter .

The first three pictures is one of the dam’s and what it looks below it now.

EB03BA02-226C-4E49-B5A0-0B0C5F259839.jpeg

EC7085B3-2533-43B2-8E8E-DFB49B4CFC3B.jpeg

245E15F7-8092-441A-8A67-4AF81B6E0673.jpeg

• Like 2

Now I’ll have to wait until it stops raining and for the water to run off. 
The next pictures shows a old bridge that dates back to the 40’s for sure that hasn’t been used in years and at one time was the only way into Seguin from the west.

You can see how much the river is down and over a week ago you could walk across the major part of it.

143279FB-5F36-405E-9EB4-08D9B6C9875C.jpeg

C7E0EFA3-7CF7-4AA2-8DBB-160A0267164D.jpeg

058DE1A7-1BD8-4AD1-BB78-C7DD35027FE0.jpeg

• Like 1

Give it time true to form here in Texas it will get hot and dry . Bye then you’ll will more area you can ever hunt in a life time.

When I start hurting I’ll post pictures of my finds.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Awsome Chuck,

I'd be all over those dry and shallow riverbed areas! Unlike the beaches here, the goodies aren't washed away easily, or covered every year or so in 10 ft of fake beach sand! Think I live in the wrong place! Also beach finds used to renew, but between the lack of quality drops from newer generations, and the sand coverage, it's getting sparse! I also miss the coin meters, as at least you could bank on some clad most days! Progress? Says who??

Hope you find some treasures; And NO bodies!!☠

🍀👍👍

• Like 1

I don’t know what’s going on because Texas is a hot and dry bye now but it’s rained every week after I started this post. It’s showing rain all this coming week.

Oh well maybe one day.

Maybe I just should go fishing but I haven’t done that in years.

Chuck 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know who you are out there doing a rain dance every week but will you please stop.

Of all things the river is up from the pictures I posted here a while back. It’s showing more rain is coming all of next week .

Any other time we’d be telling the town above us to flush their toilet’s because Seguin needs the water but that’s not the case this time,

Chuck 

• Oh my! 1