Disabled Access To Blm, National Forest Land

Anyone can use ATVs on BLM and National Forest lands unless those lands are specifically closed to ATV use. So I assume you mean using ATVs in areas closed to ATV access.

BLM

The BLM is legally mandated by the Architectural Barriers Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and 43 CFR part 17 to provide accessibility in its programs and facilities to all people with disabilities.  The BLM works closely with its permittees to ensure that disabled veterans can experience their own unique adventures on America's public lands.

Learn more about the BLM’s Accessibility Program and find facilities and qualified BLM outfitters offering trips for the disabled. For more information about events for disabled veterans in your area of interest, please contact the local BLM Field Office.  For information about BLM's accessibility programs, contact a BLM Accessibility Lead.

Accessibility Leads

National Accessibility Coordinator -  Tina McDonald, (202) 912-7251,tmcdonal@blm.gov

Note: The use of permittee names on this page is for informational purposes only and does not constitute endorsement of any of the businesses or organizations listed.

Alaska - Mark Paprocki, (907) 267-1314, Mark_Paprocki@blm.gov
Arizona - Chester Gawin, (602) 417-9438, Chester_Gawin@blm.gov
California - Paul Fulkerson, (916) 978-4439, Paul_Fulkerson@blm.gov
Colorado – Geoffrey McManus, (303) 239-3921, Geoffry_McManus@blm.gov
Eastern States – ELynn Burkett, (202) 387-5711, ELynn_Burkett@blm.gov
Idaho - Cynthia Kowalczyk, (208) 373-3952, Cynthia_Kowalczyk@blm.gov
Montana/Dakotas - Lance Brady, (406) 896-5339, Lance_Brady@blm.gov
Nevada – June Loreman, (775) 861-6400, June_Loreman@blm.gov
New Mexico - Elaine Lopez, (505) 954-2175, Elaine_Lopez@blm.gov
Oregon/Washington – Todd Curtis, (503)-808-6103, Todd_Curtis@blm.gov
Utah – Trent Duncan, (801) 539-4090, Trent_Duncan@blm.gov 
Wyoming - Jim Honn, (307) 775-6233, Jim_Honn@blm.gov

The Forest Service Accessibility page is at http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/programs/accessibility/

I heard through the grapevine that user groups were trying to fight the Plumas NF Road Management Plan  with the Americans with Disabilities act. When the FS closes existing roads making those areas only available to ambulatory people it would seem to me that is a violation of the aforementioned act. It would delight me to no end if the FS was foiled in its illegal attempts to close access to the National Forests through the use of the Federal Governments own regulations.

• Like 8