Prospect Rules And Areas In Nsw..?

12 hours ago, Aureous said:

Ethan, your best bet is Tibooburra. Comfy place at the Van park or at the National park camp ground. Walking distance to gold at either spot. Obviously the van park is more amenable, being right in town. Fees are applicable to detect on 2 stations plus a lower fee for the town common. All the fees are payable at the roadhouse nowadays. Your GPX6000 will be the go-to detector, get yourself a 10x5 or 12x7 mono coil and crank it up to auto 1 and try 'normal' mode. Listen for whisper signals. Your 7000 will only be useful in creek beds and sandy flats where its depth advantage will be suited. The gold is generally small <1gram but good operators can often find 1-2 grams a day even on the common.

Tibooburra &nbsp;accom

Aureous, is the national park called Sturt national park? https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/visitor-centres/tibooburra-visitor-centre

Looks like I can buy annual tickets for it which cost less money.

Kind regards,
Ethan

No prospecting in the national park at tibooburra allowed. Any national park in nsw for that matter. 12 month permits available for state forests in nsw  about  $30 . Then you can prospect any of the numerous state forests in nsw for 12 months .

• Like 1

Last year gumvale station and  Mt Stuart station where open to prospecting at $20 a day to camp and prospect. $15 a day to prospect only. The town common requires a permit to prospect at $30 for 1 month , no camping allowed on the common. Mt Stuart is closer to town and l found I had telstra phone service most spots if not just find a hill. Gumvale lot further out of town and really struggled to get phone reception. 

1 hour ago, Nedkelly said:

Last year gumvale station and  Mt Stuart station where open to prospecting at $20 a day to camp and prospect. $15 a day to prospect only. The town common requires a permit to prospect at $30 for 1 month , no camping allowed on the common. Mt Stuart is closer to town and l found I had telstra phone service most spots if not just find a hill. Gumvale lot further out of town and really struggled to get phone reception. 

Hi Nedkelly, thank you.

Are there any places that would allow me to camp with a caravan for free if possible, or camp based on monthly and annually, not daily? I did see the website you talked about, is this the one?  (pls see pic).   If I am going there would be at least 20 days or longer with two people..

Screenshot 2023-04-19 052442.png