In Search Of Aptx Low Latency Wireless Earbuds. Not The Neckband Type.

3 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Chase that was so precise.  The links and research were a lot of work. I learned everything about the Aptx LL jungle and more from you. I wish everyone who has struggled with this issue could see this post. Many thanks.

Thanks.  BTW - I modded the post to add some BT APTX-LL transmitter/receivers that combined with the APTX-LL ear buds can be used with the Xterra Pro that are A LOT LESS expensive than buying ML BT LE Compatible wireless accessory phones, that you can't even buy yet (but that WILL be guaranteed to be expensive, knowing ML).  HTH.

I use the Paww Dual Sound 2 earbuds. They are APTX-LL and do pair with the Equinox 800 and 600. They are getting hard to find but here's a used set on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295567843524

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 3:57 PM, Maximus said:

I want earbuds because of the heat and awareness of my surroundings.

I'm a little puzzled because of this statement, others have made excellent suggestions for some in-ear devices, but if you're concerned with situational awareness, on-ear headphones have worked well for me.

If I put anything in or over my ears, I cannot hear external noise enough. I've written some bone conduction companies hoping they would add Aptx-LL to one of their products, and they never did. At present the only bone conduction headphones that give perfect awareness are wired and made specifically for the Deus 2. 😀

These headphones are cheap and light, the battery lasts 20 hours, and they can be as loud as you want them to be, additionally the audio quality is more than acceptable. I've been using them on many detectors, but they pair directly with the Equinox and are fully Aptx-LL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08QRQMLVY

20230203_151512.thumb.jpg.f89f7e776d5e78442fc238b160a3e2d3.jpg

Even without the wrap they are comfortable and easy to use. They have bass boost and large buttons.

For $40, to me these are unbeatable, and you can use a small tx/rx box on any other detector that has either a 1/4 or 1/8 inch jack for wired headphones. I've worn them in the rain without incident, and they have allowed me to hear my surroundings very well, sometimes in dangerous circumstances. I have also used them in 95 degree weather often and find them comfortable.

On 4/17/2023 at 5:57 AM, Maximus said:

used Equinox 800.

This is not exactly what you want but I find it perfect.   I also want situational awareness and being sports ear buds they provide just that.  

If you did get an 800 you of course get the WM08 with it.  Any sports style ear buds plug straight in.  Personally I use the Philips variety.

6BE1217F-DA32-45CE-BAA6-241921D8AA2E.jpeg.8bd9f716c242311a42d0a43e265759e8.jpeg