What Happened The Deus New Coil Option?

Condor

I remember a thread where Steve H. was reconsidering the Deus in light of a yet to be released new coil option that raised the possibility of its use as a VLF gold detector for high trash areas.  I searched the web and everything pointed to a summer '16 release, all silent since then.  Just wondering if there are any new hot rumors out there, maybe Nevada Chris can give some insight. 

I posted this back in April http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/1368-xp-deus-goes-high-frequency/?do=findComment&comment=22257

"earliest late summer 2016 possibly longer"

image.jpeg

I am guessing you were too busy digging gold nuggets at the time to see it!

Personally at this point I am just figuring the V4 update by end of year... I hope. I do have a Deus 11" with WS5 phones that is waiting patiently for a new coil.

Strange XP team behavior... 3.2 software has many serious bugs.... and we need to wait for 4.0 more and more time.

That's what I say, there is nothing wrong with the Deus 3.2. I would like a small coil also, but if I need to wait till it is ready I will wait. I ask Gary B. last week if he thinks the Deus will have a 6" or 7" DD coil come out and he said that XP is always working on something, so I will use what works for me and wait. I love the Deus, would just like a small coil.           Dean

XP have never really been the quickest folks too bring the latest software or coils onto the market,the latest software version 3.2 is very reliable,but saying that version 3.0 and 3.1 'did' have a few glitch that have been rectified in the ultra reliable 3.2 that most folks use today.So yes even XP can get it wrong,but the winning trump card that they hold is the fact that you can down load the latest updates from the internet if a problem does arise and its also free.

No having to send the detectors back too the manufactures for software upgrades to rectify glitches,not sure if the 3030 software can be upgraded that way,but its possible i would think.

Regarding a smaller coil in the 6-7'' size of course that would make a really deadly combination for trashy sites and i guess small gold as well,but my way of thinking is could they have problems putting all the electronics that are in all the other coils including the battery inside that small coil housing ?? gut feeling tells me its not as easy as one would think.

One of the biggest leaps forward and exciting things that will appear within the next year or so is the wireless pinpointing probe that will then be able to give precise information back to the headphones.Pinpointers linked to detectors are not new as such as SunRay have done it for a long time albeit linked with a cable but it still provided basically the same information as what the Deus probe will do but of course without cables.

• Like 1

I trolled around some of the other relic and coin hunter forums and found a pretty good post from someone reportedly in the know though he was deliberately vague.  The V4 update and coil will allegedly be released in September '16.  I'm seriously considering one to start park hunting in the shade since it's 108 in sunny Yuma.  My real purpose is betting on the come with a lightweight, wireless system that can detect gold in the trash.  I keep thinking about a couple places we hit in Baja where the old timers camped on the diggings leaving behind the usual assortment of iron trash with small shallow gold.