Ghost Towns And Stage Stops

11 hours ago, Wilderland said:

...My a Killer B headphones seem to be the wrong impedance to work with the Equinox. The volume is very low even with the volume knob on the headphones turned all the way up.

Gerry sells Killer Bees.  If you can't get them working right I'm sure he'd like to talk to you about it.  He's one of a dying breed when it comes to detector dealers who actually know what the hell they are selling.  I would take advantage of that.

If it's a true incompatibility he definitely will want to know that ASAP.

Wilderland

Gerry is one of the best dealers around and he’s not going to lead you astray.

If you get out nugget hunting with that 900 play it safe and dig every signal. That’s just my opinion and make it low and slow.

If you find any nuggets that’s too small just mark them and I’ll come behind you watering them so they’ll grow.

Glad to have you and best of luck in the field.

Chuck 

I didn’t buy the headphones from Gerry, I already had them.

Chuck, what should I water them with? Miracle Grow? 😄

Yes, the yellow switch is the Mode switch. If your pair had the Audio Limiter it would be black. It's a shame they won't work. I remember reading Equinox/Minelab is odd on wired HPs. They may make a pair specifically for the Equinox 900 if you call them. I wouldn't take for mine on the Tarsacci & Vista X.

@Wilderland  I just read a post in the Classified sub forum about Sun Ray Pro Golds for Minelabs. I had forgotten that there is an adapter that can be used to make other brand HPs work. Check it out.

JCR, thanks. I’ll check it out.

Doc’s Detecting Supply has a detector-specific 1/8” to 1/4” adapter I am interested in too. I really like my Bees, so hopefully I can sort this out. Minelab’s adapter is much too expensive.

• Like 1