Trip To Northern Nevada

Wish I could but I have to be on the Gulf coast next Monday.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

• Like 1

My friend Brad texted this pic from Rye Patch this a.m. Forecast is better in the coming days though.

1194.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 2

Some of my customers are making snowmen down there.  I have Brad, Jim and another guy (camped around the burn barrel).  Another guy from Boise, ID (Rob) is heading down Thursday and I think Ray, Faustino and one other, is also heading down this weekend.

I heard Lunk was running around with the Axiom and scored a couple yesterday.

The ground will still have a quite a bit of moisture, so stay on the ridge tops and keep your GAIN/SENS moderate.

Since I just returned from Cancun, I need to weigh all my gold jewelry and get caught up with customers before I head down.

Crazy it's already mid April and so many of us have yet to find our 1st gold nugget for 2023, well at least me anyways.  That's exactly why I had to get out of dodge and head south across the border.

Have fun guys and if you need any detectors or coils, I can ship them C/O at the US Post Office in Imlay.

If you stop in Mill City (it's not a city at all, just a couple buildings) say hello to Trudy at the Star Trading Post.  If you really want a treat ask her about the Prime Rib and Lobster Dinners (you must pre register).  Tell her Gerry's Detectors from Boise says "Hello".

If you are around the dam, stop in and see Danny at Gold Diggers Pizzeria and Saloon.  Treat yourself to the coldest beer in the area and one of the best hand made pizzas you'll set your lips to.  Danny, is the grandson of famous Ed Spears.  Tell him, Gerry's Detectors said "hello".

I forgot the name of the girl who offers sight seeing trips, but I know you won't be disappointed.   It's amazing the imagery you can see under moonlight.  Dang, were did I put that card?

Have fun everyone and be sure to have good quality tires, a spare and know how to change it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Not sure we're we going to end up. We did make it into Nevada today but it took some doing. Six and half hour trip took ten hours. Out flow air pipe to the intercooler blew apart climbing over the Owehyes mtn. Wired it together and head back towards Nampa. No luck at Napa auto. All the way back to a Ford dealer. They had one. Now camped on a old side road. Gold tomorrow?

KIMG0376.JPG

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 4

It sure sounds like a good group going to be out there over the weekend.  It would be nice to make it but that weather ...

To all that make it there I wish you good hunting and good gold.

Stay safe out there.

Well we had fun. Have to go home tomorrow. The photo shows our finds. The usual. The one rock has chevrons etched in it. I think this is how some of Rye Patches nuggets end up with the unique feature. Just my guess. One of the rocks has a print from a prehistoric cat. The shiny silver stuff is a rare element called aluminium and is only found where homosapiens have been. Unfortunately we did not find the allusive element AU.

KIMG0384.JPG

KIMG0383.JPG

• Like 4

At least you were able to get out, put a little time on your machine and clean up from some of the messy folks.  Sorry the genuine gold did not show its shiny face, but sometimes gold come in many forms and ways.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 5