Have You Dug Good Targets With Negative Numbers On Manicure

I've been pretty quiet reporting my Manticore experiences, partly because when I notice things I want to be sure of my interpretation before posting about it.

Here is something I noticed which might or might not shed light on some of the things you mention.  Since USA nickels are an important target for me I've set them up with their own tone (in five tone mode).  That tone covers only 25-28 on the VDI scale.  Below and above that VDI window I have different tones set up.  On more than one occasion I've seen only VDI's in the 25-28 region yet I hear some of the lower and/or higher VDI region tones mixed in.

What I think is happening is that the VDI numbers shown only represent the strongest values.  Those VDI values are only a sampling of what the detector is seeing.  The target trace (which can't really be accurately read to determine the target's conductive and ferrous values) likely does show the hits outside my 25-28 VDI window, just like the audio reporting picks them up.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2023 at 2:06 PM, GB_Amateur said:

I've been pretty quiet reporting my Manticore experiences, partly because when I notice things I want to be sure of my interpretation before posting about it.

Here is something I noticed which might or might not shed light on some of the things you mention.  Since USA nickels are an important target for me I've set them up with their own tone (in five tone mode).  That tone covers only 25-28 on the VDI scale.  Below and above that VDI window I have different tones set up.  On more than one occasion I've seen only VDI's in the 25-28 region yet I hear some of the lower and/or higher VDI region tones mixed in.

What I think is happening is that the VDI numbers shown only represent the strongest values.  Those VDI values are only a sampling of what the detector is seeing.  The target trace (which can't really be accurately read to determine the target's conductive and ferrous values) likely does show the hits outside my 25-28 VDI window, just like the audio reporting picks them up.

Yes I agree,

I feel am am pretty good an interpreting the Nox mixed signals, the Manticore is taking some work to sort out, I think my issue is both good and bad targets on the Manticore seem to vary in VDI and bounce in and out of iron more than the Nox. 

Bouncing to iron can be fixed by adjusting the ferrous limits, but how far is safe on the more difficult targets?  (I am mostly looking for what has been passed over by many others)

• Like 2

the 2 coins I dug were -12 to -15.. or 12 to 15 with red line.. the tones were just iron grunt.. I used all tones all metal with rich profiles (because for me I can differentiate the good target to a unwanted target at different depth to some degree) ... I do believe there is data set/ pattern that we can use from the manticore negative number (-1 to -99) but I think for now I concentrate on how the red line works. I still in the state of 'prolonged suffering' though, but sometimes I get the 'admirations state' and all the suffering is worth it... lol

1 hour ago, fishersari said:

the 2 coins I dug were -12 to -15.. or 12 to 15 with red line.. the tones were just iron grunt.. I used all tones all metal with rich profiles (because for me I can differentiate the good target to a unwanted target at different depth to some degree) ... I do believe there is data set/ pattern that we can use from the manticore negative number (-1 to -99) but I think for now I concentrate on how the red line works. I still in the state of 'prolonged suffering' though, but sometimes I get the 'admirations state' and all the suffering is worth it... lol

How deep were those two coins? I'm curious if they were really deep or just next to iron.

2 hours ago, Yatahaze323 said:

How deep were those two coins? I'm curious if they were really deep or just next to iron.

around 10-12ish  inches I guess .. but for sure its deeper than pinpointer length. BTW the coins read around 50 on air test

• Like 1