Makro Vs. Carrot - Comparing Pin Pointer To Help Determine An Impending Purchase

9 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

What's a "Magic Holster" and where is the info on this PP?

Chase if you go back and read my first reply to this thread which was the second reply to this thread rite after your reply I explain what the Magic holster does, that way I will not have to re type it all again, the new Magic holster comes with the new 2023 Model X Pointer Max Pin Pointer

The info is on Quest site

2 hours ago, Digalicious said:

DS,

The Accupoint pairs with Legend, not the headphones 🙂

Ok that would be even better, the headphones and pulse dive with the Simplex Plus I never could get the Headphones and Pulse Dive to pair

7 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

Chase if you go back and read my first reply to this thread which was the second reply to this thread rite after your reply I explain what the Magic holster does, that way I will not have to re type it all again, the new Magic holster comes with the new 2023 Model X Pointer Max Pin Pointer

The info is on Quest site

Thanks  Yeah you were talking Nokta Pulse Dive so I moved on, didn't see you switched over to talk Xpointer.  I am not seeing info on the Magic Holster on Quest site and am not sure how you know which Xpointer version you are getting from a given dealer site.  Just wish these manufacturers would not not try to get by on using identical product names on different variants. It's annoying.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2023 at 8:13 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Thanks  Yeah you were talking Nokta Pulse Dive so I moved on, didn't see you switched over to talk Xpointer.  I am not seeing info on the Magic Holster on Quest site and am not sure how you know which Xpointer version you are getting from a given dealer site.  Just wish these manufacturers would not not try to get by on using identical product names on different variants. It's annoying.

i purchased My X Pointer Max from Andy and Charlene Sabisch I had Charlene to verify what I was indeed going to receive was the new 2023 model which plainly states on the box the X Pointer Max comes in, (Magic Holster), you can also tell by the Holster that comes with the Pointer has a small sown on cloth tab that reads Magic Holster, the first X Pointer Max has the same exact holster but the small tab is not present on the Holster and it does not state on the box either, other than what I have stated there is no way of telling the difference, the older version looks identical to the new version

you can tell if the pointer you receive is the new version by taking a small magnet and putting the magnet against the main housing, on either side of the power and settings buttons of the X Pointer max, if you do as I stated and its a new version X Pointer Max it will put the pointer in stand by the older version X Pointer max will not do this

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DSMITH said:

i purchased My X Pointer Max from Andy and Charlene Sabisch I had Charlene to verify what I was indeed going to receive was the new 2023 model which plainly states on the box the X Pointer Max comes in Magic Holster you can also tell by the Holster that comes with the Pointer has a small sown on cloth tab that reads Magic Holster, the first X Pointer Max has the same exact holster but the small tab is not present on the Holster and it does not state on the box either other than what I have stated there is no way of telling the difference, the older version looks identical to the new version

you can tell if the pointer you receive is the new version by taking a small magnet and putting the magnet against the main housing of the X Pointer max if you do as I stated and its a new version X Pointer Max it will put the pointer in stand by the older version X Pointer max will not do this

Thanks.  Good info.  Managed to see this when I logged in to the Quest site and viewed the "Shop" section vice "Products".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heather said:

I am quite happy with my Garrett carrot pin-pointer, it has saved me many hour’s digging needless holes when the target has been on the side of the hole. 

The Carrot suits targets in sides of holes as the tip sensitivity is off to the side of the tip, something to keep in mind if searching for very small targets. 

I keep trying other pinpointers and always end up going back to the Carrot as my favourite.   The amount of times I've dropped mine on concrete and it's still going strong is crazy.  A solid reliable dependable pleasure to use pinpointer.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Heather said:

I am quite happy with my Garrett carrot pin-pointer, it has saved me many hour’s digging needless holes when the target has been on the side of the hole. 

first as phrunt said welcome to DP

second I did like my original Garrett pro pointer that I purchased back in 2009

the only reason I went on a Quest (pun intended) LOL, too find a different pointer, was because of the age of my Garrett pro pointer, it started having some quirks to it so I figured it was time to start looking for something new, if it had not been for those quirks I would have probably never ended up with 4 new pin pointers, two of which are the X Pointer Max, the first two I just did not care for that much, out of the four new ones the Quest X Pointer max is the only ones I have liked thus far, and most likely will post my Fisher F Pulse and Nokta Pulse dive up for sale eventually, the F Pulse is already spoken for so that leaves me with a decision as to whether I want to part with the Pulse Dive.