New Update

Luis

2 hours ago, Medina said:

You can see why I'm flummoxed.. now i'd have dug this in a relic site....

What is it, an electric junction box popout plug?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

What is it, an electric junction box popout plug?

its a 1980 german 10 Pfennig coin! 

Says 'brass clad steel', but not sure what percentage... couldn't  find more info on the web

but rang good on the 800, but the manti is more like the ctx clearly.  dont see a lot of those...dont see any of those here, but sure rang like a rusty gang box knockout

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dug D said:

I had the same general thought going on about the nuance in signals and the adjustments to iron bias settings on the nox.  Not sure if its the same thing here, but likely something similar.

I don't have many hours in yet, but I don't trust the red line. I dug a clad dime because the red line also gave me a high tone, re scan of the hole with plug replaced and got no iron, clean ground? 

Hmmm, interesting. what you running? general, high conductor or one of the other all terrain modes?

I actually LOVE clad, its 100% financing all of my car washes over the years!! I always use the same booth at the same place...I'm laughing cause I am sure he's thinking who keeps dumping this filthy change off!!😄

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Medina said:

its a 1980 german 10 Pfennig coin! 

Says 'brass clad steel'

Yes, they are. Depending on their state of degradation, they come in as iron, non-iron or both on the 800. The brass is relatively thick compared to modern coins. I often find empty brass shells on the beach, where the iron core rotted away completely.

• Like 1

With the Low Conductors program - the right value of recovery setting and enhanced audio and simple audio modulation, I can go with 25 sens (maximum, average 22-23) in my iron sites... and it works very well.

Even with masked targets by iron. My ferrous limit upper bar is set to 6 maximum. Yes, it is falsing but I easily understand where is the target and where is iron.

IMG_9178.jpeg

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Even with masked targets by iron. My ferrous limit upper bar is set to 6 maximum. Yes, it is falsing but I easily understand where is the target and where is iron.

Does the 2D figure into this or just your ears?  Do you pinpoint to help in final determination?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Medina said:

Hmmm, interesting. what you running? general, high conductor or one of the other all terrain modes?

I actually LOVE clad, its 100% financing all of my car washes over the years!! I always use the same booth at the same place...I'm laughing cause I am sure he's thinking who keeps dumping this filthy change off!!😄

I was running AT general, 5 tone customized breaks. I don't have that much time in with the Manticore yet, but at that target I was going slow and deliberate. It was the high tone that stopped me, the red line confused me I don't remember the target trace location.  I will be watching very close next time I'm out, having a job is really messing with my detecting. 

On a general note

The Manticore seems to provide raw data through a fire hose and it seems the interpretation of the data gets overrun by new data, even when you re-sweep targets. 

Just my mental picture of what's happening as I swing. 

• Like 1