Does Anyone Use A Garrett ATX For Gold Prospecting?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Steve, I have used the atx just for hunting nuggets in OZ .works well . Will put some pics of finds from Nth Qld . Regards,Squizz 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Sold. I tried and tried to use it. It just doesn't compare to my GPX 4500. It does go deep in the tests I've ran it's just to bugy, hard to find the faint deep tones. GPX is so smooth and goes deeper without having to crank the gain up. I love the design I wish I could stuff my GPX in it.

I enjoyed playing around with the ATX, its the first time I've used a PI that worked well that wasn't a Minelab. If it was in a lighter housing I would own one because it was fun and different to use and offered reasonable depth performance with excellent sensitivity. 

JP

• Like 3

Jonathan, what Sensitivity level did you have to use up in your neck of the woods? 

I had to use it on Sens 10 to keep it from falsing, and even though that was a few clicks off max, I felt like it lost 30% of it's performance. Also had to swing it so slow to reduce any falsing and maximise sensitivity to small targets, I just found it tiresome to use. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I enjoyed playing around with the ATX, its the first time I've used a PI that worked well that wasn't a Minelab. If it was in a lighter housing I would own one because it was fun and different to use and offered reasonable depth performance with excellent sensitivity. 

JP

I have used the atx for a awhile now and if garret would bring out the new coil that they were supposed to it would improve the depth and hopefully stop the faulsing when sensertiverty is above 11 , as this is an annoying issue when targeting deep nuggets in scrubby terrain.

PS , JP can you help I have some pics I would like to share but they keep failing to load, any secrets to help? ?

13 minutes ago, Squizz said:

can you help I have some pics I would like to share but they keep failing to load, any secrets to help?

Big photos and some Internet connections sometimes do not mix for uploading. Reducing image size is usually the fix. I found a great easy and free photo resizer - Simple Resize

Apple http://simple-resize.appstor.io

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.tekunodo.simpleresize&hl=en

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Squizz said:

Thanks Steve, will try !

That worked , some peaces I found with me atx , as you can see from the hole of the speci not bad on depth at setting of 11 .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

• 9 months later...