Your Recommendations For Remote Location Detecting In Nm, Az, Nv, And Ca Desert

On 4/27/2023 at 9:51 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Chewing people out for asking advice is really not what this forum is about. I’ve given people pointers over the years, and if you can’t or won’t do the same…. silence is just as helpful as the lecture. Especially as regards new people who come here because this is supposed to be a place where people help people.

Thank you Steve. Sort of what I was trying to say. Research is always the key & cant be ignored. That is what any "successful" person does & has to do. It makes me shake my head when new people to a forum, was only his 2nd post when I saw it,  come along asking straight out places to go & expect they are going to be told. It can be candy coated any way he likes but he was directly asking. That's the way I read it & I am sure many others too.  I still don't see that he has been told, & don't expect he will, but been given advice on research etc. What more can anyone expect?

I do wish him well. 

D4G

2 hours ago, dig4gold said:

Thank you Steve. Sort of what I was trying to say. Research is always the key & cant be ignored. That is what any "successful" person does & has to do. It makes me shake my head when new people to a forum, was only his 2nd post when I saw it,  come along asking straight out places to go & expect they are going to be told. It can be candy coated any way he likes but he was directly asking. That's the way I read it & I am sure many others too.  I still don't see that he has been told, & don't expect he will, but been given advice on research etc. What more can anyone expect?

I do wish him well. 

D4G

Did it hurt so much his asking? Like everyone knows everything and that people are supposed to adhere to some kind of "ask anything you want but don't ask that" etiquette? I've given people explicit directions to places to hunt in Alaska and even made a list. And collected more nationwide locations here. Sharing knowledge never got me less gold. The guy was as explicit as could be he was not asking for anyone's honey hole, and then got told, "oh yes, that's exactly what you are doing." And even if he was, what of it? Not everyone is greedy and protective - some people do share locations. Maybe not on a forum, but privately by PM… but you never know unless you ask.

I will take the time to thank all the people who generously shared with me over the years! :smile:

Alaska

• Like 3

In my travels which I did a considerable amount of from 2011-18, I consider parts of Nevada the most remote overall.  I've chased gold, meteorites and rocks with a moderate success at each once I got the hang of it.  I couldn't get to the most remote places that you are looking at because I didn't do it full time.  I also didn't have the real remote equipment like a quad or the new electric bikes.  I'd get to a place after driving all night and do a lot of walking.  That is what I enjoyed.

As Rye Patch has played out over the years and most 'remote' locations have been visited I started researching Northeastern Nevada.  I took one trip there and knew I was 'out of my league' because of its vastness.  I'm going to give you the pointy finger there.

Many of those areas have been claimed by the big mining companies after the trends.  I heard about a guy who is able to detect on their lands that does quite well.  He's been at it for years.

I knew a geologist who sent me to some central Nevada mountains.  It didn't work out for me but maybe for you.

When you are in Arizona, I'd have a face to face with Clay.  You can only do so much here on Steve's forum or the internet.

Good luck. 

Mitchel

• Like 3