Question On Axiom Iron Check

The only issue I have found is the iron check feature when using a DD FC coil is that sometimes it responds to non gold with it’s buzz but sometimes goes to the menu setup negating the hit completely. I’m setting up properly and continue moving over the target. Some times it works. Sometimes it doesn’t. Dig it up anyway when it says it’s not gold just to test the feature in during my introduction to detecting with the Axiom and it’s iron check feature, but don’t know what I’m doing wrong when I use the iron check feature. 
Any suggestions as to what I’m doing wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Johns Quest said:

The only issue I have found is the iron check feature when using a DD FC coil is that sometimes it responds to non gold buzz but sometimes got to the menu setup negating the hit completely. I’m sit up properly and continue moving over the target. Dig it up anyway just to testing my introduction to detecting with the Axiom, but don’t know what I’m doing wrong when I use the iron check feature. 
Any suggestions?

Not exactly sure what you mean by the phrase: "[iron check] responds to non gold buzz but sometimes got to the menu setup negating the hit completely."  Can you restate that another way?  Really having trouble deciphering it and I own and use the Axiom.

Make sure you are holding the button down continuously while doing the iron check. Or it may be a faulty button causing it to go to menu? I found if the possible iron target is either fairly shallow or big the iron buzz may not sound. 

To Utilize Iron Check:

• Move the searchcoil to the side of the target.
• Press and hold the IRON CHECK button and wait for a double-beep.
• Then continue holding the IRON CHECK button while repeatedly scanning back and forth completely past the target with very flat, level swings.
• If desired, check the target again from different directions by rotating around 90 degrees. Maintain very flat, level swings over the target.
• Iron will produce a very low-tone buzz sound that may or may not be flanked by normal tones.
• Non-ferrous and/or weak targets will produce normal tones, or may even be silent, but typically won’t produce the iron tone (buzz).

In highly mineralized areas, Iron Check accuracy may be affected. The more mineralized the ground, the more likely it is that a weak gold nugget signal (small nugget or large deep nugget) will misidentify as ferrous. Do not become overly reliant in this feature while nugget detecting. Whenever possible dig all targets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for my confusing text. When I get a target and try to use the iron check feature to see if it’s gold or just a piece of metal I push the menu/iron check button but sometimes it just goes to the menu instead doing the iron check. Steve explained it and I see what I’m doing wrong. I do still dig up the target anyhow but was having the issue of it just opening up the menu.

Thanks

• Like 2

Love it, simple solution. I’m just glad they kept the same process from the ATX for iron check. That is the only thing which felt like second nature to me starting off with the Axiom. Glad to see you’re digging everything you find as the PI gods intended.

• Like 1