Detecting With Or Without The Moon

I have a detecting trip coming up in a couple of weeks here in OZ and will be detecting around the new moon phase . I was wondering if anyone has noticed any influence with the moon full or empty when they have been detecting? I Personally like the full moon due to how much brighter and easier it is to navigate around when night I'm detecting. I have noticed that the ground is a little bit nosier as apposed to no moon, but still not 100% sure.

We all know the moon influences the tides and animal behavior. Does it affect EMI ?, ground noise ? hot rocks etc.

Cheers Ozgold

• Like 1

I enjoy night hunting on the beaches and the deserts for gold nuggets.  I've headed out to watch the moon rise and I've also headed out in the middle of the night to see the meteor showers when there is no moon.

It is easier to see with the full moon as you mention but I have not noticed any additional EMI on the place where I night hunt the most for gold.  I was just out there a couple of nights ago but it was a time to sleep and wait for the morning to hunt nuggets.  It is still pleasant during the day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gold Ryder said:

Is weed legal in OZ or am I missing something?🤣🤣🤣

And the answer is- No !!.

It maybe soon though for medical usage

There might be an underlying theory here about the moons influence.

Have you been to a spot and dug more gold from a flogged area ?. Gone back to a spot and the ground is quieter weeks later ? Have you looked at the dates when you found lots of gold and cross referenced it to what the moon was doing at that time ?

Check out your skunked trip dates.

There maybe a pattern.

Cheers Ozgold

• Like 2

When hunting by the moon light during a growing moon always remember to ground balance often for better results.

Then go slow and steady over the areas that you are wanting to clear out, and last make sure that you carry garlic, Holy Water, and a few silver bullets for the werewolves. People do get crazy when there is a full moon so be careful.

• Haha 7

• The title was changed to Detecting With Or Without The Moon
16 hours ago, klunker said:

My problem with detecting under a full moon is the sudden growth of hair gets in my eyes and it becomes difficult to hold the detector with my paws.

I wonder why they are laughing at what we said, I guess that some people just don't believe in science that has been passed down for generations.

You may want to try out the sling for holding the detector, I know of a couple others that use them.

• Like 2