This X-coil Will Hunt

Good report Mitchel, wait and see you'll be digging tiny bits deeper than you ever expected so much so that you will think they're much bigger than they will end up being 🙂

I really like that 15" CC more so than any other coil on the GPZ, now you have a spiral for the better edge sensitivity and covering ground better and the 15" CC for going over areas you know gold should be and you're set, a good combination of coils.

I see they've included the new polycarbonate skid plate for you as a bonus over the standard one, that's the clear sort of one, they're super tough and will last you a long time.  A guy in Australia that detects full time has had his on now for 2 seasons as he bought one when they first were introduced, he was going through standard skid plates like mad prior to getting that poly skid plate.  He's an aggressive coil scrubber.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Spiral will be good for certain brushy areas and maybe more so this summer after all the rain.  I just think this will be a really good coil for Rye Patch.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to This X-coil Will Hunt

Thank you Dave.

Glad we are getting good lighter options and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.  Hopefully the next new version of GPZ-7000 will have lighter coils.  Well they might as well make the complete detector lighter as well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

mn

It's good to see a package from that part of the world made it to you in such good condition. 👍

Hope you have good luck on it's big desert debut ! 

Keep that phone charged , we're gonna want to see what you find with that Hoover coil !👍   (and maybe a review/pic of that new coil cover after you use it a while ?..)  

• Thanks 1

How long did the coil take to get to you Mitchel?

The Aussies seem to average about 2 weeks to land in Australia then another week for it to go by horse and cart from the Airport to their house.  In NZ they seem to take about 2 weeks to my door.

Is it the same in the US? Do they go by horse and cart once they arrive there?

• Haha 2

It took about 2 weeks for the coil to enter the country in New York and then it took about 4 days once through customs.  It had a tracking number as good as any FedX number as I've ever had.

• Like 2

I went back to the location of the 'deep nugget' on Saturday afternoon and I got a skunk this time.  I did get a snake sighting and that was time for me to leave.

IMG_20230429_200752_9301.thumb.jpg.419e9c032344497744b108c89de31db1.jpg

IMG_20230429_200823_1401.thumb.jpg.5de466e4a978016b912b1382e37d939c.jpg

Tomorrow I'll go find some meteorites at Franconia.  It is a 300 mile trip of about 5 hours or so.  I'll hang around for a night and try to find a nugget if it is not too hot.  This is a 2-3 day cool spell so I have to fit it in quickly.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 3

I took a short trip to Franconia on Wednesday and Thursday.  When I first got my 7000 I had gone there and had fun.  I even got Minelab find of the month!

The coil handled the hot rocks well.  I would say better than the spiral.  I left it in the settings I had used for gold with the sensitivity around 10.  I was kind of looking for the bigger targets but the first day I didn't get them for the longest time.  I finally ended up with a .9g iron and a smaller one nearby.

IMG_20230503_122046_8391.thumb.jpg.d5b0d3b57a913f60e4f7ef983ec558f8.jpg

IMG_20230503_125058_7551.thumb.jpg.08277b038107b5ab03654575ab94f790.jpg

My first target was actually the most impressive.  It was down about 6 inches and it turned out to be a button.  I didn't put it in my other picture as it got spilled from my other finds.  But I thought my settings were good and I guess if big objects were around they were.

IMG_20230503_104311_5951.thumb.jpg.86cfbd462f21040bae11536d0ee6dfc1.jpgIMG_20230503_104321_9501.thumb.jpg.4e56e7356e30d3d16c9a803972c49ba4.jpg

The next day I went to the iron field and had to walk in a different way but I was not finding many there.  I thought things had really been hunted out in the last 3 years or so.  I was finding but things were too iffy until I got them in the scoop.  Pinpointing was hard it seemed.

It was time to change my settings.  It was then I discovered that I had been detecting in General rather than High Yield.  Bad on me.  I had not run through that setting.  I had been upping the sensitivity and put on low smoothing.  That was some better but then the last couple hours in the day I went to HY, Normal, 17 and High Smoothing and they started to pop!  Some of them are very small but I could still make them scream with these settings and it was more fun than a struggle for my ears.

The tiny wires are always a problem there and the big 50 cal and other bullets let me know if I was over a chondrite, it wouldn't be bashful.  I finally had some settings to find irons easily.  I remembered that Condor told me he cranked his sensitivity all the way up on his 17" CC.  I was trying to find these targets with conservative settings but no more.

When I go back to my gold area I'm going to up the settings.

What say you Simon?

IMG_20230504_102612_178[1].jpg

• Like 3