Top Notch Quality On Boarderline Sand Scoop

I had an RTG galvanized scoop and it broke down. Salt does a number on galvanized once that finish is worn down. Probably would have lasted much longer if I rinsed the scoop off after.

Had a really large traditional scoop I would use with my pi because I can't pinpoint well with that so scooping half the beach in one shot helps lol

This one is stainless, I like the brace on bottom and on top. Welds on it are excellent and being stainless I don't think it will have any issues.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My stainless scoop is the pull design and it has lasted for many years without bending or warping.  It is a really good scoop for quick, surface patches.  I went to Mike's business and watched him build some and I bought a short handled on for my wife.  It is very stout also.  Maybe even a little too heavy but it will last forever.

As KOB said, the scoop market changed over the years.  They got bigger and I bought a couple of big scoops from Europe.  They are beasts and all SS.  It will wear you out carrying them so they mostly sit at home but on deep days nothing will beat them.

That brings it back to Mike making a scoop similar to the square basket, carbon handled scoops.  I don't know if he makes those.

I wish Merrill would have had Borderline make his scoops.