Bh-01 Last Dive And Fail (update)

Skull diver

After snatching a couple of hours at the day off for a session, I'm back to pissed off today.

The Bh-01 headset to which an earpiece had exploded was barely able to transfer sound even at volume 9.

Eventually with a gentle current but a constant wave motion, I was forced to look at the screen to figure out what was going on under the coil.

That said I am about to set about building a piezo headphone and end of story🙄.

I kindly ask anyone who has already discussed this topic, to direct me to the post link for the male connector and positive/negative pole diagram.

I saved screenshots a while back, but can't find the folder on my pc.

Thank you all in advance🙏

There was a great thread about building headphone connectors for the D2 here but I can't find it. I did manage to save a graphic from that thread so this should help, but I don't know which connector is used for that.

D2 Audio Multi-pin Diagram.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Bh-01 Last Dive And Fail (update)

At some point I decided to keep it short and finding an old pair of Grey Ghost Amphibians I had on the Ctx, I will adapt the connector of the BH-01s for an audio test.

M8 connectors are available for absurd amounts of money and with cables already installed or females to cut.

Having to insulate and resin all the poles and body before the thread, it is silly to buy one already wired, while the single piece from China takes a month to arrive in Europe...D a m n

On 4/28/2023 at 2:50 AM, Skullgolddiver said:

The Bh-01 headset to which an earpiece had exploded was barely able to transfer sound even at volume 9.

I would not mess around with the cheap Bones Phones. I would get a pair of Tony Eisenhower waterproof diving headphones.  Contact here: tony@idigbeaches.com

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 1:12 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

There was a great thread about building headphone connectors for the D2 here but I can't find it. I did manage to save a graphic from that thread so this should help, but I don't know which connector is used for that.

D2 Audio Multi-pin Diagram.jpeg

This is my drawing except someone has added pin 6 as pos. 4 & 5 are pos. and neg. for bone phones square tone only. 1 & 2 are pos.and neg. for speaker phones square and PWM tones. I do not know what pin 6 does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

This is my drawing except someone has added pin 6 as pos. 4 & 5 are pos. and neg. for bone phones square tone only. 1 & 2 are pos.and neg. for speaker phones square and PWM tones. I do not know what pin 6 does.

I have a doubt...With a regular Grey Ghost underwater headset, should I use bonephone poles 4 and 5 or 1 and 2?

😪

20 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I have a doubt...With a regular Grey Ghost underwater headset, should I use bonephone poles 4 and 5 or 1 and 2?

😪

From what I've read, the bonephone outputs are louder through regular headphones, but you can only use square tones on that. For reference, all of the waterproof phones I've found use the bonehone output.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

From what I've read, the bonephone outputs are louder through regular headphones, but tou can only use square tones on that.

Humm. I am wired with headphones through the bonephone connection. Thought I have tone differences between PWM and Full Tones????

But I am running speakers......not piezo speakers.