Bh-01 Last Dive And Fail (update)

Skull diver

18 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I have a doubt...With a regular Grey Ghost underwater headset, should I use bonephone poles 4 and 5 or 1 and 2?

😪

Which ever you want will work with piezo’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, midalake said:

Humm. I am wired with headphones through the bonephone connection. Thought I have tone differences between PWM and Full Tones????

But I am running speakers......not piezo speakers.  

You probably do have sound differences in the different tones including full tones, but it should be only be working in square audio, not pwm audio. I haven't checked this myself, but @Carolina has the expertise in that area and can explain it better.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

Which ever you want will work with piezo’s.

Do you notice a volume difference between the bonephone outputs (4 & 5) and the 1 & 2 outputs?  

18 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Do you notice a volume difference between the bonephone outputs (4 & 5) and the 1 & 2 outputs?  

I can’t answer that as I don’t use the bone phones. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 2:12 PM, Skullgolddiver said:

I have a doubt...With a regular Grey Ghost underwater headset, should I use bonephone poles 4 and 5 or 1 and 2?

😪

Before there was a good waterproof wired headphone option available for the D2, I connected a set of older Gray Ghost Amphibians (for Garrett) to the wired headphone output (1 & 2)

I found them just loud enough for wading with the volume maxed at 9. I tested them with a sound meter app on my phone and they peaked at 85db in pitch, volume level 9 using a 6g 10K band. Probably not highly accurate, but ballpark. I also tried them in Pitch/PWM but the Square audio was more appealing to my ear.

Now I currently use the Gray Ghost Amphibian II's for Deus II (bone phone output 4 & 5) and the volume is crazy loud, I seldom go past volume 6 wading. I haven't tried them underwater but I could see them working well just because of how loud they are.

IMHO go with the bone phone output 4 & 5, especially if you're diving with them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Carolina said:

I can’t answer that as I don’t use the bone phones. 

Thanks, but I was thinking you tested normal waterproof headphones on the two different pin output options, but I think Brad confirmed what I had read about the 4 & 5 (bonephone) outputs are louder on normal waterproof headphones than the 1 & 2 (speaker phone) outputs. 

4 hours ago, Brad Plohman said:

Now I currently use the Gray Ghost Amphibian II's for Deus II

Just a curiosity...Do you have the model without volume control on the headphone?

In the past there was a much better performing pair but discontinued I think.

Anyway, yes, having to listen completely submerged, with a hood over the ears, it is the only possible choice that of the amplified output.

2 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Just a curiosity...Do you have the model without volume control on the headphone?

On the new Gray Ghost Amphibian II's for the Deus II there is no cup mounted volume control. Those old volume controls were nothing but a liability and I removed and by-passed any I had. In these new ones there isn't really much inside to go wrong, as you can see in the picture, and they are advertised as "100% waterproof and totally submersible to a maximum of 200 feet" with a 2 year warranty. There's still ice on the water in my neck of the woods for another couple weeks or I'd flood them and test them out for you.

20220811_135116.jpg

2023-05-03 3-32-22 PM.png

20230503_150619.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I clipped the band of my bone phones and glued the noisy bits inside a cheap set of shooting muffs I had.  One of these days I’ll buy a good setup but this works pretty darn well for the little bit of water detecting I do.  F5FB20EB-873F-4CAE-8CFF-CF7032799834.thumb.jpeg.1d9b1d6cc59f2601c8a2428a6e5cbeca.jpeg

• Like 4