I need another picture of the shark.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great write up and pics. I'm sure you still had a great time regardless of the hunting. Looks very sanded in and spongy. But my guess is you will try the hotel area next time. Of course the 1st thing I looked at was the gal wearing the watch. Didn't notice a ring though. Lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Great write up and pics. I'm sure you still had a great time regardless of the hunting. Looks very sanded in and spongy. But my guess is you will try the hotel area next time. Of course the 1st thing I looked at was the gal wearing the watch. Didn't notice a ring though. Lol

Thanks KOB!

Talked to a detectorist who went up to the hotel strip, he said people were detecting all over, it cost $30 to park, and because of the time of year it was dangerous to be out there, few tourists and little security. He found some bling, but no gold.

The beach was replenished within the last couple years, so the deeper green coins were a clue.

Where I was you had to go in the water for the really good stuff. There was a trough out there that should have had some great finds. Maybe I'll try it next year.

• Like 2

Are you sure those pull tabs aren't silver? That AAA battery and the blue pull tab are especially nice!!! What did that plastic barrette ring up as on the D2? 🤣😂🤣😂 Glad you got away and dodged my aluminum curse HaHa. Oh and just for reference was the crab a low conductor or a high?  Remember finding is fun, Not sucks. Great post as usual my friend!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dogodog said:

Are you sure those pull tabs aren't silver? That AAA battery and the blue pull tab are especially nice!!! What did that plastic barrette ring up as on the D2? 🤣😂🤣😂 Glad you got away and dodged my aluminum curse HaHa. Oh and just for reference was the crab a low conductor or a high?  Remember finding is fun, Not sucks. Great post as usual my friend!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man,

Haha, think I told ya that right after the rain the pull tabs were ID'ing in the 80s. 🤬 They might as well be silver!

The crab was almost low conducting panini toast as I almost stepped on it after poking it with the coil 🤣 thankfully it moved.

I had a total blast, talking to people and making sure the other detectorists kept complaining. Every evening a couple of old guys came out swinging their detectors 6" above the dry, and I still hit a coin spill with about 8 coins of every denomination.

What I was thrilled about was the D2 hit that thin tiny chain with a solid signal, a low conductor.

I'd have used the barrette on Sammy if he was a female, Maltese dogs have to deal with that all the time. 🤣

• Haha 2

Sounds like it was a nice week of fun in the sun. You got a lot of clad, so if there was a ring to be found, you would have found it. Don't forget to check that '72 cent for double die. Sharks are my favorite 🙂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Sounds like it was a nice week of fun in the sun. You got a lot of clad, so if there was a ring to be found, you would have found it. Don't forget to check that '72 cent for double die. Sharks are my favorite 🙂

Thanks, the kid was running so it was hard to get the cell phone trained on him 😏

Finding the small jewelry fairly deep told me if there was a gold ring it would have shown up unless it was very thin. I thought of you digging deep a few times while I was scooping those holes. 😀

Yikes, tossed all the change into my clad jar, I'll try to dig it out and take a look. 🤪

• Like 2

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks, the kid was running so it was hard to get the cell phone trained on him 😏

Finding the small jewelry fairly deep told me if there was a gold ring it would have shown up unless it was very thin. I thought of you digging deep a few times while I was scooping those holes. 😀

Yikes, tossed all the change into my clad jar, I'll try to dig it out and take a look. 🤪

I see you manage to focus OK on the person behind the kid. 😉