11 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Of course the 1st thing I looked at was the gal wearing the watch.

Didn't see no watch, no shark, no hotels, no water.

Wish he would have taken a better picture of her, because I have seen some women who look really great from that angle, but when they turn around they would break a camera.

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Finding the small jewelry fairly deep told me if there was a gold ring it would have shown up unless it was very thin.

So many great finds on this trip as usual, and glad to see you pull in so many of those pull tabs just to keep others from finding them.

Good luck on your next hunt and please take better pictures of the women.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

Excellent report soldier!  You put a lot of effort into both the hunt and the report.  A salute to you sir!!  👍

Thanks Colonel,

No need to salute or call me sir, I used to work for a living 🤣

There was a lot more to tell, even a "ring finder" with an Excalibur waving his coil 6" to a foot above the wet sand. Met some really nice folks tho.

One detectorist complained to me that he wasn't finding anything, asked me if the beach was hunted out. I told him very nicely that holding his coil as high as he did and swinging up at the ends of each swing was the reason, he graciously thanked me for my advice, and went right back to swinging wrong. 😵

Wanted to try some new stuff (programs) but RV issues and constant weather changes kept me busy. 🙂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Didn't see no watch, no shark, no hotels, no water.

Wish he would have taken a better picture of her, because I have seen some women who look really great from that angle, but when they turn around they would break a camera.

From behind , I'm not looking at their face anyway.

So many great finds on this trip as usual, and glad to see you pull in so many of those pull tabs just to keep others from finding them.

Good luck on your next hunt and please take better pictures of the women.

• Like 1

Looks like great camping and finds. Shark was strange.

That was a great report and photos, F350! It looks awesome there and you got a ton of finds and you got rings, jewelry (congrats on the tiny chain, BTW), toys, an iPhone, bunch of coins, and a very cool buckle, and you cleaned a lot of dangerous metal of the beach, well done!

It looks so nice there, I've got to make it to a beach this year! Did you get to hunt the campground too? I'm glad you had a great time and had a full pouch to boot! 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

That was a great report and photos, F350! It looks awesome there and you got a ton of finds and you got rings, jewelry (congrats on the tiny chain, BTW), toys, an iPhone, bunch of coins, and a very cool buckle, and you cleaned a lot of dangerous metal of the beach, well done!

It looks so nice there, I've got to make it to a beach this year! Did you get to hunt the campground too? I'm glad you had a great time and had a full pouch to boot! 😎

Thanks Cap'n!

I fail to see any difficulty in finding anything on the beach with the Deus 2, as long as it's set with little to no discrimination. I did not go far into the water, so I don't know about deep water performance, but it sure hit stuff in the wash. I got some really tiny bits of stuff too that gave great signals.

I did notice what @midalake has been mentioning, that you will get tones and no or infrequent ID. If the tones were high for the most part, it might even be a quarter or dime a foot down. If all low it was mostly iron. Interestingly when I got a tone that was consistently ~5-10 or more, it was junk jewelry.

The campground was totally open season, they would even let you hunt empty sites and all the tot lots. I saw people detecting their own sites. All they asked is not to disturb any occupied areas except the beach. I made sure to visit the "compliance officer", the park was way too big to speak to the General Manager.

Being spring, it wasn't as good as I would have hoped, but yeah, I'm pretty sure I did a lot better than the others the way they were complaining 😏

BTW the 13" is totally awesome. 👍 I almost always got my good targets digging straight down. Aluminum tended to be on the side a bit sometimes, but at this point I wouldn't use anything else in the dry and wet, might go to the 9" in the wash and surf for somewhat faster retrieval.

• Like 2

Your beach camping hunts make me homesick.😎

But the fairgrounds are a lot cheaper. 🙄

I haven't been to a beach in I forget how long  !

Everything about that trip looked good to me . 

I wouldn't complain even a little bit about your recoveries..👍

• Thanks 1

Just now, rvpopeye said:

Your beach camping hunts make me homesick.😎

But the fairgrounds are a lot cheaper. 🙄

I haven't been to a beach in I forget how long  !

Everything about that trip looked good to me . 

I wouldn't complain even a little bit about your recoveries..👍

Thanks RVP,

This place was surprisingly cheap for a 9-day stay. We got there 2 days after spring break ended 😅 Heard it was a nightmare. Despite excessive prices for fuel, the park was only $60 a night. It's the largest campground on the East Coast. It has everything you could imagine and more, and is pretty quiet before Memorial Day. 

My wife and I like to hit someplace with palm trees and sunshine in April, been doing it every year for the last 15 or so. We used to go to Tybee Island, but kinda wore the place out. This was an 8 hour drive as opposed to 12, and a heck of a lot more friendly, with much more going on. Easy to get in and out with my huge RV.

It was certainly a blast for me, and my wife enjoyed it too, she even told me to go out detecting when she was tired of going out.

I've definitely done better on a camping trip but at least got a bit of just about everything. It was fun talking to other detectorists, I usually don't meet as many as I did there, and did way better than them as far as I know 🙂

I was really pleased with my Deus 2 program, and will be trying others in future exploits. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome hunt —  more shark picts!

We can find you a nice spot down here with the beach right in front of your RV.  Of course Joe D I think sleeps on that section of beach!  All I would ask is you drop me off with golf cart about 5 miles south to save me the walk.  😂 

• Haha 2