Speculations on Minelab SDC 2300 and MPF (Multi Period Fast)

One of the important questions I assume to be asked is how much of that battle as you say in the top few inches of ground would be won by this SDC PI over the most sensitive VLF and I expect the type of ground will have the say on that.

As always the ground and type of gold will determine the results so there will be lots if questions and debate. My plan is to do what I normally do and get one and put a good hundred hours on the SDC before getting into this versus that stuff. My main goal is to hit some pretty pounded areas I know about to see how long it takes me to get two ounces of gold with the SDC. If it does that to my liking I will be happy.

Steve comparisons will be made whether intentional or not, the difficult bit will be in the determining of the wheat from the chaff. In the case of the SDC wheat sized gold in all ground types can be considered easy-peasy. :-)

JP

We talk about weight and saying it's hard to make a detector waterproof. If this is the case in point then how did Garrett make two detectors that will go the same depth as the ATX? The two are AT Gold and AT Pro. Maybe your saying a PI has so much more electronics but not pounds..

What Garrett had was a housing it could put the electronics in that could go to hell and back. So that's what they done.

Then Minelab came along and said we have about the same case. We'll do the same thing. What I see of the SDC 2300 shaft will be less trouble being I've had one of their coin detectors and it looks like the same. I do like the color because the other if I'd lay it down I may not find it again.

I do hope the SDC 2300 will fill all hopes and dreams of what we want in a detector. The coil is a good size  being you can't change it out. If it's running over a worked out patch and detecting that very small gold others has miss. Then it done it's job.

Maybe the price of gold will go up and then it won't take as long to pay for it.

Chuck Anders