Findmall Tesoro Forum Renamed

Steve,i posted yesterday on the 'metal detecting forum' of Findmallthat it was money related,that can only harm Tesoro i reckon,for some reason they just seem to have lost direction and not bothering too keep up in the social media route that all other detector makers have gone down.

Time will tell,but i feel that its just a matter of time before a merger comes along from one of the bigger players or even a Chapter11,just my personal opinion of course.

Just another old line company that never understood the internet or social media. Jack also refused to play ball with Kellyco which got him the respect of a lot of dealers, but did nothing to help the company retain mind share. I am sure most potential consumers have never heard of Tesoro, so even the name itself has little value anymore.

The company itself can disappear and it would hardly be missed for a long time. Tesoro builds bulletproof little detectors, and there are lots of them out there. They will end up sort of like Compass with a cult following and active sales in used machines long after the company itself is gone.

• Like 3

I wouldn't trust Guvner's explaination. 

I was a sponsor before.  Decided to not renew and stated as such.  Few months go buy and I wasn't removed from sponsor list.  He emailed and said he forgot and asked again to renew and I stated again I was not renewing.  This time my user which had years of pre-dealer posts was removed and he made a post stating I hadn't paid my bill for months.  

Now read the Tesoro post again with this knowledge.

That is all.

• Like 1

I sure like my Sand Sharks, my go to beach machine especially in the "impact zone". Bomb proof housing and punches right through wet salty sand .Has an incredible appetite for batteries but no problem. It finds me the gold and silver rings and I feed it AA's.

I sure hope Tesoro figures something out.

Findmalls reasoning is beside the point really. The trend with Tesoro is plain to anyone who has watched the industry. I was one of Tesoros "Gold Star" dealers for a long time. And reality especially since Jack died is they have done next to nothing to refresh the product lineup. Current speculation on their demise is nothing but that - speculation. They could go on for years continuing to produce the old machines. They are excellent detectors. There is no getting around the fact however that people like detectors with screens and they like detectors with tone options. Tesoro detectors for some time could claim to be less expensive than units with those bells and whistles. But the competition now makes machines fully loaded with the options and for no extra cost. When you line up feature lists these days Tesoro detectors are now actually kind of pricey given the minimal feature sets.

Yeah, yeah, I hear all you old pros - you don't need all those bells and whistles! That is fine and I agree to a point, but it is what most buyers are looking for, and Tesoro is fading from relevance by not producing more modern detectors . The stuff NokMak puts out these days could instead be the sort of thing we would be seeing from Tesoro if they were of a mind to stay in the game for the long run.

Regardless, great little detectors, great company with deep roots, I wish them well and hope they continue to produce units for now and in the foreseeable future.

Guv is shooting himself in the foot really. What drives a forum is users, and the Tesoro Forum was plenty popular. I am sure other people would have been happy to sponsor it if the word had been put out. Instead he is more or less just telling the Tesoro fans to go away.

The thing is, nobody needs Findmall. Tesoro could easily just set up their own forum on their own website. You would think electronics companies would have more people on staff with an ounce of web savvy. It is just not that hard to build websites and setup forums, etc. Nobody taught me, I have no schooling in it, the stuff is not rocket science. A bit of Googling teaches you all you need to know. Maybe that is what Tesoro is thinking but I am not holding my breath on that one any more than on the Cazador!

So, does the New Treasure Depot still have a Tesoro forum too or is that also kaput?

Yeah, I wish they would at least dump their old fashioned LCD green screens in favor of what

Macro / Whites/ 1st Texas are using instead. I will keep my LST until it dies again. Its on its 4th life

right now.3 times before died from water damage to the circuit board they told me. Granted, I was

using it in swimming lakes and it did a darn good job , even got some silver and gold chains, but

homemade waterproofing did NOT work, condensation always seemed to kill it sooner or later.

• Like 1