Creative Sound Blaster Jam V2 Won't Pair With Nox 800

Yazman

Hey all! I just bought some Creative Bluetooth headphones, but they won't pair with my Nox 800. I've tried FP twice, turning the Nox on then pressing the button on the headphones to pair, I've tried the reverse, but no luck. If I turn on the Nox, hit the wireless button, then put the headphones on pairing mode (pressing large button until blue and red flash), they just sit there for like 5 minutes, and then the Nox beeps and gives up. The headphones pair fine to my phone, so I don't understand how they're not working for me when they work for everyone else.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks! 

Screenshot_20230429_200459_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Hey Yazman,

I'm thinking of a couple reasons why you might be having trouble. Since I'm one of the people who recommend these, I'll give you my off-the-cuff thoughts:

First is you probably should consider buying the new product rather than a refurbished one. The reason the headphones are refurbished may well be because they didn't work right in the first place. It's nice to save money but we're talking a need for a bit of reliability here.

Second, make sure Bluetooth is turned off on your phone, or at least not present within 30-50 feet while you do the pairing process. Better to just turn it off temporarily. I also have a smart TV that interferes when I try to pair stuff, so I go elsewhere.

HTH. i have two sets of these headphones and have not had a problem other than described. 🙂

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Hey Yazman,

I'm thinking of a couple reasons why you might be having trouble. Since I'm one of the people who recommend these, I'll give you my off-the-cuff thoughts:

First is you probably should consider buying the new product rather than a refurbished one. The reason the headphones are refurbished may well be because they didn't work right in the first place. It's nice to save money but we're talking a need for a bit of reliability here.

Second, make sure Bluetooth is turned off on your phone, or at least not present within 30-50 feet while you do the pairing process. Better to just turn it off temporarily. I also have a smart TV that interferes when I try to pair stuff, so I go elsewhere.

HTH. i have two sets of these headphones and have not had a problem other than described. 🙂

Thanks for your response! I've ordered a new headset (brand new), so we'll see if that works. My Skullcandy earbuds pair fine, so I assume it may well be the "reconditioned" headset that's the problem. I'll update tomorrow 

Thanks! 

35 minutes ago, Yazman said:

Thanks for your response! I've ordered a new headset (brand new), so we'll see if that works. My Skullcandy earbuds pair fine, so I assume it may well be the "reconditioned" headset that's the problem. I'll update tomorrow 

Thanks! 

Cool, hope you can get a refund for the others. You know those earbuds won't work right even though they pair?

Do another system reset on the Equinox, turn it on after the reset, press the WiFi/Bluetooth button, wait for the WiFi icon is replaced by the Bluetooth, then turn on the headphones , hang them on the detector and go do something for about 2-5 minutes. 🙂

Should work. When you get back they will be paired.

• Like 1

varios compañeros y yo los tengo ya que los recomendaron en el foro y ningun problema, tanto en el 600 como en el 800 y tambien los uso para el GPX 5000

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Luis said:

varios compañeros y yo los tengo ya que los recomendaron en el foro y ningun problema, tanto en el 600 como en el 800 y tambien los uso para el GPX 5000

Translated:

"Several colleagues and I have them since they were recommended in the forum and no problem, both in the 600 and in the 800 and I also use them for the GPX 5000"

🙂

• Like 2