Frequency Tester I Tossed Together

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

Oh forget it then, unless you throw in a free scope too!!😠😂👍👍

Well you really don't need a scope or battery for that matter, just won't be able to see the frequency or run 🙂

Anyways here are the cad files for the coil frame and housing. Anyone making one will need to drill a hole for what ever switch they choose. I also moved the post away a bit so 9v battery wasn't so tight inside.

Units are done in mm, bottom and coil frame can be printed flat, top should be printed with supports on inside that you will need to remove later. This keeps the surface finish a little better for fdm printers.

freq sens housing.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What was that you said? Lol.. knowing about all of that is one thing, but making your own curcuit board is incredible.   Keep us posted. This info is amazing.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Geotech said:

What is the battery for? Are you using this to measure TX waveform signals?

Yes.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing.. nice little tool to have around.. years ago I used a audiosears 2463 earphone/speaker as a quick tester for the Minelab BBS machines, to see if the machine was working, when the headphones were in question. Also I could trace out the shape of the send field, its reach and if the coil was working correct. This all came about when I was making head phones and I got a message from a customer telling me he could unplug his head phones and still hear his Sovereign GT.  

• Like 3

Great little project find !

Not much in there either.  

I probably have it all except the case....and a scope, (I live in a camper now.🙄) and I think I can still find DigiKey and Mouser !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Very cool.  I could've brought home several scopes from a startup I worked at a few years ago that basically went belly up (fire sale acquisition).  Did you print the case too?  Nice little setup!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 12:30 AM, Cascade Steven said:

Kac:

thanks for the additional info.   Maybe I missed it, but I have a question on the diodes: do you have a part number such as 1N???  Thanks.

I don't have a part # on diodes, I robbed them from another board. All that was build with spar parts I had with exception of housing  and blank pcb I snagged off of amazon. Used silicone transfer paper that works on a laser printer. I highly suggest using manual feed on printer and tapeing a 3-4" regular paper leader to the lead edge with masking tape.

• Like 3