Aaahhh Man... Violated On Of My Priciple Rules And Paid The Price

I have few basic rules I've developed over my longish life. They include things like "never reward bad behavior", and "pay attention to the risk reward ratio". But my #1 rule is to "plan for what COULD" happen, not for what MIGHT" happen". So the Wife (Chris) and I are headed out the desert for a shakedown trip for the Coot, and loading up I throw my backpack of decades age (VietNam era Allis pack) into the rear Coot tub. I'd placed a sheet of plywood in there so Heidi would have a place to stand while traveling in the Coot. I KNEW I should tie the pack down, but had hauled it there a couple of weeks ago, so got lazy. Sure enough, pack and plywood disappeared some where in that 40 miles, never to be seen again. Lots of memories attached to that pack, and hundreds of hiking miles, not to mention it contained my Falcon MD-20. A good refresher, but costly.

Jim

• Sad 7
  • Oh my! 3

Have you ever returned a school ring or wedding band?  Perhaps the good mojo will boomerang back and someone will find and return your bag. 🪃🤷🏻‍♂️

Ah bummer... it's no fun to lose something valuable, but losing something with valuable memories is the least fun.

After almost 30 years of managing to hold on to the first rock hammer my mom gave me when I was 7 years old (despite losing probably 8 or 9 other newer hammers), I ended up leaving it in Colorado on the Gunnison River. Drove back the next day and it was gone forever. Those items are just so much better with the person that lost them than anyone else. 

I hope you are able to either find your pack or someone finds it and returns it.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Aaahhh Man... Violated On Of My Priciple Rules And Paid The Price

I guess you could use a drone and camera and try find it?

Thanks, guys. We drove carefully back without finding it. Somebody obviously picked it up, so can only hope they return it. I posted it on CL "Lost & Found with a $75 reward, but no luck so far. I'm hopeful, but not optimistic...LOL

Jim

Sorry to read about your loss and hope that someone will find it and return it soon.

Yup, guys. I've been  kicking my own backside for several days now...LOL. I hate breaking my own rules, especially because of laziness....arrrggghhhh. Take a lesson here, and don't do what I did.

Jim