A New California Gold Rush

The snow is melting and that means gold nuggets everywhere according to the Brass Medic.

The N.Y. Times picked up on his adventures with an article about the new California gold rush going on right now!

Check out his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjdZjE0Hd8M

You guys that are hunting the beaches out there after the storms need to move inland. 😆

There is going to be a lot of dough being made by mining the miners again this time around.They are already showing up from all over creation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Its nonsense, there cannot be any goldrush if you are not allowed to prospect or mine.

Excellent point Jim.

I am wondering what the runoff will expose. What do you think?

I sure miss dredging.

• Like 1

That is the worst detecting skills I have seen. The ground that his missed would be more than 50% of the ground that he was swinging over. To me it looked like a setup, and the gold was found elsewhere. 😒 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Excellent point Jim.

I am wondering what the runoff will expose. What do you think?

I sure miss dredging.

I live in Northern Calif. There is not all that much snow here. Some places farther south may have got more snow, but I don't think it will affect much. It's usually flooding produced by rain that moves gold, and even then it has to be something like a 500 year flood event.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I live in Northern Calif. There is not all that much snow here. Some places farther south may have got more snow, but I don't think it will affect much. It's usually flooding produced by rain that moves gold, and even then it has to be something like a 500 year flood event.

I agree Jim, after record floods for us in Tasmania in the winter of 2022 we had high hopes for replenishment of a 20 meter section of river that we took 3 ounces out of in the 2021/22 summer. The summer of 2022/23 just gone, not one crevice/crack/gully that we had worked for gold the previous summer had even a speck of gold and none of the crevices had been compacted, the indicator in our river of an unworked crevice. This area that we know well looked much the same as it did the previous summer, except for one small section that had less gravel/overburden, this gave us access to some new bedrock and more gold. A nearby river that has been worked by others was the same, no replenishment. One thing of note is that upstream and downstream from the section we have worked, probably no more than 30 meters of river, has no gold in the crevices that have been compacted and therefore we assume are unworked. I can only speak for what I have observed in these two rivers and in particular the section that I know like the back of my hand. Who knows Jim it may take 500, 500 year flood events to replenish some areas ?

• Like 3

I get tired of seeing this every couple of years. I have never known gold replenish except fly specs. I agree it is the 100 to 500 year flood when the water is 20-30 feet above normal that really has a chance of moving gold. The only real bonanza is removal of overburden making new areas accessible.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Redz said:

I get tired of seeing this every couple of years. I have never known gold replenish except fly specs. I agree it is the 100 to 500 year flood when the water is 20-30 feet above normal that really has a chance of moving gold. The only real bonanza is removal of overburden making new areas accessible.

Could not agree more, usually rivers just replenish with fine flood gold, if any. Desert areas are more interesting and replenishing can be more plentiful and with more coarse gold down alluvial fans at the apex widening after strong floods. This has to do with the density of the material that is moving, and water alone (rivers) has the least density (1), hence mostly just flakes. Headding to the desert tomorrow. 🤪

GC

• Like 3