Fisher AQ Limited Is Now Available

Kellyco has a small number of Fisher AQ Limited available for the price of $1999.  No additonal batteries available at this time and yes that is a $500 price increase from the original price for the AQ Limited.  My question is does this mean that this is it for the AQ or will the Fisher AQ  Unlimited finally be offered for sale?  Interesting, very interesting.

• Like 2

Could have been a legendary detector but unfortunately it was poorly engineered in many aspects. I was really hoping that Fisher would relaunch a much improved version instead of letting it wither on the vine…..so much R&D, money and time has been sunk into this model that it beggars belief that Fisher can simply let this detector go the graveyard. Who knows, maybe Garrett might step in and do the job properly and put the AQ brain into a beefy waterproof enclosure with two or three beefy controls……get rid of the complexity with all the controls and settings and keep it powerful and simple…..just like some earlier companies did 20 and 30 years ago 😳

$2000……..with the history behind it…..🤔

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Could have been a legendary detector but unfortunately it was poorly engineered in many aspects. I was really hoping that Fisher would relaunch a much improved version instead of letting it wither on the vine…..so much R&D, money and time has been sunk into this model that it beggars belief that Fisher can simply let this detector go the graveyard. Who knows, maybe Garrett might step in and do the job properly and put the AQ brain into a beefy waterproof enclosure with two or three beefy controls……get rid of the complexity with all the controls and settings and keep it powerful and simple…..just like some earlier companies did 20 and 30 years ago 😳

$2000……..with the history behind it…..🤔

They have a upgraded version. I'm shocked they are trying to sale the Limited. At least move on if 2000.oo a pop.

And your correct.....Simple and Powerful is all that is required. My idea would have been go the traditional design, all in a CZ21 case.

Hope you are well Joe…….I didn’t know there was an upgraded version in the works. I still think the current AQ platform will be a tough sell…..even “upgraded”…… I see a lot of daylight between what’s been offered and what should be offered ☹️

• Like 1

And there's a gold version coming too.

22 minutes ago, Mark Gillespie said:

And there's a gold version coming too.

Mark, do you mean a dry land version with ground balancing for more extreme mineralization than typically found near&in the sea?  Do you have inside info / recent revelation or just remembering what was said 2-3 years ago?  Not chastising, just wondering if something new has been announced because for a long time it's been crickets coming from First Texas.

KellyCo jacking up the price for the base version with its out-of-the-factory warts isn't exactly heart-warming news for those who have been hopeful that more&better would be coming.

16 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

They have a upgraded version.

Joe, I'm assuming you are referring to a submersible/saltwater-capable model, but is there news on that front also?  Seems that this kind of info (and what Mark hinted at) would be worthy of some party noisemakers!

• Like 1

Looks like a lot of Adjustments ? …..once you get it dialed in ….. looks deep.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Mark, do you mean a dry land version with ground balancing for more extreme mineralization than typically found near&in the sea?  Do you have inside info / recent revelation or just remembering what was said 2-3 years ago?  Not chastising, just wondering if something new has been announced because for a long time it's been crickets coming from First Texas.

KellyCo jacking up the price for the base version with its out-of-the-factory warts isn't exactly heart-warming news for those who have been hopeful that more&better would be coming.

Joe, I'm assuming you are referring to a submersible/saltwater-capable model, but is there news on that front also?  Seems that this kind of info (and what Mark hinted at) would be worthy of some party noisemakers!

https://fisher-impulse.com/products/

• Like 1

Anyone know what changes have been made to the AQ v AQ Ltd?

I would like to know if Fisher have rectified these issues;

• Are they still using Vishay Potentiometers (Rated to IP67)?
  • Are the rotary control shafts still attracted to a magnet (they should be stainless steel or solid nylon)?
  • Does the noise free frequency selection still drop out between the different modes (after initially locking in the best noise free pulse rate / frequency)?
  • Does the delay setting still default back to 7uS after switching the detector off (regardless of where the knob is set)?
  • What is the latest firmware on these Ltd units?
  • Have they sorted out the metal retaining nut on the coil connector that was causing “noise” from saltwater?
  • Has the battery pack been upgraded in capacity?

If some or all of these issues are still with the AQ Ltd then I’m not sure that the product is really fit for sale 🤔

Would really like to hear back from those in the know…..or maybe even from Fisher

• Like 1
  • Haha 1