Fisher AQ Limited Is Now Available

That asking price is brutal……..others apparently share a similar view.

IMG_1361.jpeg

I’m not hating on Fisher but I checked out the latest Fisher user manual for the AQ (Revision 2)……there’s about two or three typo’s in the first page alone…..could they at least get this bit right by proof reading the layout before publishing. The rest of the manual is littered with mistakes…..it’s just careless and rushed……there’s a pattern here 😖😖😖

• Like 2

I have one of the initial run. Also bought the Manta v3 which is a clone of Eric Foster designs. The Aq seems a bit pumped up Whites TDI. Its not ground breaking tech, no matter how they present it.

• Like 3

If the Gold is as good on the beach as the AQ but with a much lower price, I might consider one.

I don't need it to be waterproof. Also don't want headphones or a neutral buoyancy coil. No speaker please.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

If the Gold is as good on the beach as the AQ but with a much lower price, I might consider one.

I don't need it to be waterproof. Also don't want headphones or a neutral buoyancy coil. No speaker please.

Agree completely 👍

I hope I’m wrong but I’m calling that Fisher won’t release any further AQ Impulse detectors at all. They are currently trying to offload the last remaining inventory of “Ltd” models……I sure hope any potential buyers know what they are getting into. I’d be surprised if they shift one unit. They might get a few bites around the $999 mark 🤔

11 hours ago, Tony said:

Agree completely 👍

I hope I’m wrong but I’m calling that Fisher won’t release any further AQ Impulse detectors at all. They are currently trying to offload the last remaining inventory of “Ltd” models……I sure hope any potential buyers know what they are getting into. I’d be surprised if they shift one unit. They might get a few bites around the $999 mark 🤔

At 999.oo and knowing there would be No more, I would buy a third unit.....but not 2G🤕

For sure the machine has issues but after using mine, one for 3 and the other 2 years, as a PI, all metal only..seeing what they can do and the gold they have found for me, I would miss them alot if something were to go wrong with either.

Is this the end of the AQ line? Maybe do a Poll ?

One of many test video's of the AQ with my buddy Mike, a few years ago... Look 👀 close...

• Like 5

It’s definitely got some grunt……Fisher really owe it to themselves to re-release this model with all of the issues ironed out. 95% of the hard work and cost has been done already. 
With my GP3500, I can hit my smallish 6.5g 18K wedding ring at 17”. This is using a 14” DD coil (comparable in depth to my 11” Mono but much quieter). 
These detectors draw 0.75A which goes a long way to achieving these depths.

I’d be confident in getting 20” on that class ring of yours as it does have some profile to it. 
Have a good summer 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Limited , Unlimited , Gold....no thanks. I'll wait for the Platinum model ! A couple buddies have them and I'm not impressed. Even at a $G , I wouldn't buy one. I'll stick with my $600 DF thank you.

What you says sums it up nicely……I’d also go for a proven and powerful detector with a great track record……my updated Garrett XL500 Pulse ain’t going nowhere. Hard to believe that Garrett essentially have the entire beach/water PI market to themselves if you’re after a new detector. 

• Like 1

I still love my AQ, even after the few times I've had to send it in for warranty repair (potentiometer issues). Pulled loads of gold with it and has paid for itself many times over. OBN's big boy battery is still working great as well and allows me to spend as much time as I want on the beach without worry.  I definitely think they need to source more reliable potentiometers, seems to be a common issue with these units.

On a side note, I still love my Sovereign GT as well for beach hunting, I have no need for a screen, just let me hear those sweet mid/low gold tones and I'm happy...😁

• Like 4