Fisher AQ Limited Is Now Available

On 5/10/2023 at 11:47 PM, Tony said:

That’ll be Joe (OBN) maxing out his credit card 🤣

I won't  be purchasing any more AQ's until they fix Potentiometer issue, they should find another pot or have them made. At one time I had a place in New England that custom made Pots, wish I still had that address/name. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It is the same .. first edition, if you got one that works and... it last for you... it will find the gold in the right place and if used correctly. That's a lot of variables to get aligned, which many found they could not get all working together and that equals many unhappy AQ owners. Its up to Fisher to correct their end if they want to turn this around, and selling the remaining "First Edition" is not what a company should be doing if it cared about their customers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

It is the same .. first edition, if you got one that works and... it last for you... it will find the gold in the right place and if used correctly. That's a lot of variables to get aligned, which many found they could not get all working together and that equals many unhappy AQ owners. Its up to Fisher to correct their end if they want to turn this around, and selling the remaining "First Edition" is not what a company should be doing if it cared about their customers.

I was more than pleased with how my AQ performed when working properly. It was the 5 returns for repair before the warranty was even up. Too risky for me to keep as a reliable machine. I think faulty pots were 3 of the returns.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I hope in the end you all get the detector you desire and Fisher releases the final product with all issues resolved along with them taking the advice of the AQ users about the various ways to improve it after all that's what beta testing is for and that's what AQ owners essentially are/were. 

I hope Fisher comes through with the goods and gives the AQ Limited owners a substantial discount on the final product, or ideally a free exchange program. 

When working properly it seems like a very good detector for it's purpose, so Fisher should press on and release a final improved product along with the Impact Gold.  The VLF market seems so saturated now so the PI market is where there is room for these manufacturers to bring out products with a difference. The AQ and Gold can provide a difference that makes them desirable over existing detectors on the market.

• Like 3

The shocking (but not surprised) part is the fact that with all the hype 2-3 years ago , they couldn't sell 100 units. And now it gets worse. They decide to offload the remaining batch to basically a wholesaler. But wait , there's more ! The marketing maniacs decide to jack the price up another 5 bones. I would be embarrassed if I was on their team. Can only imagine what these winners are gonna come up with next.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

The shocking (but not surprised) part is the fact that with all the hype 2-3 years ago , they couldn't sell 100 units. And now it gets worse. They decide to offload the remaining batch to basically a wholesaler. But wait , there's more ! The marketing maniacs decide to jack the price up another 5 bones. I would be embarrassed if I was on their team. Can only imagine what these winners are gonna come up with next.

It was a certain let down after the initial introduction and I feel a lot of trust was lost with The Fisher company.  Meanwhile, I'm surprised other companies haven't tried to capitalize on the idea of a better discriminating  PI machine.

• Like 3

It has some things that need fixing. I'm very happy with mine ... actually have two, but after some initial hunting, one has been sitting as standby just in case the other has issues. The AQ LTD has paid for both AQ LTD detectors and then a some.  Many of the good targets found with it would probably have been found with other detectors, but a few of the goodies, I suspect not. When I go back to the Excal hunting in all metal I quickly find myself mumbling to myself "not any deep targets today" ... then again, I don't get as sore from digging on the Excal days.

I too am surprised in the lack of interest in it; even as a diamond in a somewhat raw state, it is still a diamond.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Yes, the opportunity is gone Joe, the only one who can help is Eric Foster. Reg Sniff, he could help too, but he was expert in field, but he had a great generosity, he would help. I'm pretty sure there is many who are talented somewhere else in planet. 

There is will there is way. 

Hamid 

I simply do not understand why the company refuses to engage potential customers on any level.  They create web sites that die with no activity and zero updates.  They sparodically allow a couple of select users to post results of their hunting but do not follow up in any way.  They create small groups of inmpressive videos on a new product and then nothing.  Not that they need someone as proactive as Dilek, who is an amazing force, but there are other ways to go to engage your consumer base.   Look what Garrett has done with Steve Moore.  He is good on camera, ACTUALLY hunts, and posts videos from timt to time.  Garrett also engaged Steve on the Axiom. 

Meanwhile, back at the First Texas ranch, they do...nothing...

• Like 7