Fisher AQ Limited Is Now Available

I think with VLF's they've accepted defeat, maybe they don't have the engineering talent to be competitive, maybe they don't have the money to invest in the R&D required or just simply don't want to do so.    They seem to have taken a step back from making detectors and are perhaps focusing on their other part of the business.   They can just ride out their old models until people stop buying them and any sale is a bonus now as they've long recovered R&D money.

They have a good base product with the Impulse if they can get it to market in a new form but we have to be realistic, it's not their product, it's someone else's that they were and are possibly going to produce and with that comes complications.

• Like 2

Maybe there is a completely new machine in the works for us water hunters and we might just be pleasantly surprised in the end. Since none of us are physicists, maybe we don’t quite understand what is involved in the development of the new waterproof AQ we all desire. Touch pad controls, drop in batteries, new coil design, a screen to look at, hmmmm.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I knew what I have said before, Eric Foste  can fix the problems and improve it. Eric Foster was a good man, he taught me much, And there is other one. I don't have a permission to mention his name.
Please I'm here, I just write my opinion that's all.
"AQ" miss gold. Me and many others here, they love to see powerful "PI". Good luck!
 I respect all metal detectors.  

Best wishes!

Hamid 

• 1 month later...

This morning out there the blue a ad from Fisher Lab pops up on my phone giving me the run down of all things the AQ Limited. I don’t know why I was bestowed this honor so early in the morning.

They let me know it was limited to 99 but my thinking is how long can 99 last. My thinking may be coming up short being they letting Kellyco sale them and they in turn increased the price it could be into the next century before the last one goes.

Fisher is just up the road from where I live and I’ve been that way more than I count but never had the desire to stop.

It’s sad to see a detector company fall bye the wayside but I don’t see a lot of future here. I really hope I’m wrong.

Like another don’t what I call faith in a product they make by not having a transferable warranty they won’t last long.

With all this advance technology is out there for the taking and not taking advantage of it then I say rest in peace. 
 Chuck 

I checked a few days ago and sure enough, Kellyco still had about 8 for sale.

I guess there isn’t much demand for a half baked product but I and many others have said their bit so I’ll leave it at that.

The only false statement I find in this ad is about the phones. They are garbage. I might add the battery life sux as well. Both these issues were solved weeks after purchase for me. I loved the machine so much I bought a second and have both today.  I guess Joe and I are the only two supporters of the AQ. I have over a 100 gold rings now in just two years. That ain’t bad in my book. I hunt in tone mode exclusively during my fresh drop season. I have no need to dig coins. If you understand how the ocean classifies targets, you know when to dig that iron grunt that is a 14k or 18k pig ring. Only issue with tone mode for me is you must dig those nickels. In tone mode a 14k 6 gram mans band can be reached at 16”. Until you dig a 16” deep hole in the wet sand you really don’t realize just how deep that is. Thank you Alexandre and Tom Walsh.

• Like 5

On 7/17/2023 at 10:36 AM, Carolina said:

The only false statement I find in this add is about the phones. They are garbage.

What phones are you using?

Oh ... and I'm loving the AQ LTD with Joe's battery upgrade. I too have two.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tvr said:

I'm glad I have two also and had at a better price than offered..  2 grand is insane.

On 7/17/2023 at 10:36 AM, Carolina said:

I guess Joe and I are the only two supporters of the AQ. 

I know there are a few others that love the AQ and do well. Carolina you know Mike, ..he loves his and uses his like you use yours.. in tones mode, seems every time he goes out he digs gold. 

Me being a supporter, I love my AQ's.    But I'm sad for all that has happened with the AQ. Selling the last of the testers at 2 grand is just the icing on the cake to this fiasco. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tvr said:

I built a set using some MSA muffs & I moded a set of pro gold.

20220324_095723.jpeg

20220219_130332.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1