Planning Meeting For Downieville Gold Rush Days August 11-13th

If you would like to go to a planning meeting see the press release below.

Here are the details for the press release for the meeting Friday May 12th

Josh Reinke, owner of the ICMJ's Prospecting & Mining Journal, will be in town to hold a community meeting regarding the Downieville Gold Rush Days, Friday May 12 at 5PM. Located at Boomtown Lodge in Downieville, CA.

The purpose of the meeting is to discuss how we can support the local economy and non-profits within Downieville. We hope to have several events provided by local people that support gold mining history and the town's heritage. We will help with permitting if any city facilities are needed. We hope to have historical tours, demonstrations, and other fun events for our attendees. Without the community's involvement, we will not be able to provide the quality show we have planned. We need your help!

Everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and present what they have to bring to the table. This event is all about raising awareness of and glorifying Downieville's rich gold mining history!

We have planned a 3-day Gold Show in the high school Gymnasium. There will be vendors selling different things but mainly gold mining equipment. We will have live bands in the evening time at the Boomtown back parking lot bar. There will be expert demonstrations by professional gold miners, some hosted in town (Gold Rush Park?) and other at the gymnasium. Our attendees will be able to prospect for gold on a legal federal mining claim on the Downie and North Yuba rivers.

Please feel free to spread the word. We will also be there to help answer any questions the community may have.

Thank you for helping us make this the biggest and best gold mining event in California!

Josh Reinke

Editor

ICMJ's Prospecting & Mining Journal

PO Box 2351, Grass Valley, CA 95945

PHONE (831) 479-1500

josh@icmj.com

www.icmj.com

Here is a link to the planned event:

Sierra County Chamber of Commerce - Downieville Gold Rush Days 

• Like 2

I am planning to go to the Gold Rush Days event in August for a night or two, but not sure if I can make it up next Friday. Might be a good excuse to go up and see how the area did with the heavy winter we had.

Is anybody planning to go in August? I was hoping they would close off upper main street like they do for other events, but probably in the gym so they don't leave vendor merchandise unlocked. Sure would be fun to meet some of the other members of the forum up there!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 11:05 AM, matt said:

I am planning to go to the Gold Rush Days event in August for a night or two, but not sure if I can make it up next Friday. Might be a good excuse to go up and see how the area did with the heavy winter we had.

Is anybody planning to go in August? I was hoping they would close off upper main street like they do for other events, but probably in the gym so they don't leave vendor merchandise unlocked. Sure would be fun to meet some of the other members of the forum up there!

I might be up for that if i'm in the area & not busy with the mining crew. Hopefully that town has lots of cold beer.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

My oldest son is wanting to try panning, and my wife saw that Downieville is holding this event and thinks he and I and my younger son should try it out. I'm thinking very hard about heading up there on Friday (11th) and giving it a try. Would be a first time for us all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Golden_Republic said:

My oldest son is wanting to try panning, and my wife saw that Downieville is holding this event and thinks he and I and my younger son should try it out. I'm thinking very hard about heading up there on Friday (11th) and giving it a try. Would be a first time for us all. 

I can smell gold fever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1