Beach 10k With Diamonds!

Beautiful looking ring! Glad you got some gold.

• Thanks 1

Great save on the rings and looks like you had some fun digging the rest of the stuff.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I've been busy with some other detecting lately out in the deserts.  I like those nuggets and meteorites.  You can kind of target those and know what you'll get.

When you go to the beach (just like a park) you can get coins, relics and jewelry.  Today's best finds were a couple of rings.

The first was a stainless steel ring found after a couple of hours of mostly nothing except those tent stakes.  My beaches have been very stingy the last few weeks so I was glad to get it.  I slowed down with the 11/800 and began to find 'patch' stuff.  I like patches.  I grid them and just enjoy having a few targets together rather than long walks always.

My clues were that I was out on a pretty low tide and things were seemingly deep for the 11.  I'm normally a 15 user but the 11 was on and I didn't expect much and was back to where I started when I got the stainless steel ring.  It says 316L and weighs 6.7g.

I continued on just above the black sand line and found other coins and stakes and then I heard a faint 'penny' or it could have been.  I made it down a full scoop (6") and it was still in the bottom of the hole.  A couple of more scoops, around 10" I got it out.  It was a nice shine for the early morning.

This is a 10K with lots of little diamonds.  It weighs 7.8 grams.  My first gold ring in quite a while and first one with the 11" in even longer.  I'm ready to take the 3030 out this week with the 17" and see if I can renew a liking for it and look at some of my old find points.

IMG_20230508_140728_2931.thumb.jpg.eaf0e918852dbf43ec37eedb73efc8cb.jpgIMG_20230508_140214_8411.thumb.jpg.0e2f809f8e97170096c29c74b7dc803e.jpgIMG_20230508_140203_4341.thumb.jpg.8602dbd4b5d86f5ab398bca319ea82eb.jpg

That glow on the scoop at dawn..aghh what a feeling!.

And more after a job well done.

I still think that the Nox 800 has life, and when "it's hot" together with good hands, it gives brilliant results!...

Beautiful piece and heavy.

Congratulations.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mn90403 said:

This is a 10K with lots of little diamonds.  It weighs 7.8 grams.  My first gold ring in quite a while and first one with the 11" in even longer.

Nice HONKER!!!

Question> Equinox correct?  Can you not tell those stakes are ferrous?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow. That's a nice chunk of gold ring.

• Thanks 1

Equinox yes.  And it is possible to tell but it is easier to dig rather than miss something.

The stakes by their shape want to give off a 'quarter sound' or high pitched 'dig me' so that is what you do to get the trash out of the way and see if they are masking something better.

• Like 2