Gold Kruzer Has Not Been Discontinued

That's good news, does anyone know if the Nel Snake coil works on the Gold Kruzer, the Nel website says for the Kruzer but not Gold Kruzer so I'm not so sure, I know they made it for the Gold Racer but it was discontinued.

https://nel-coils.com/index.php/en/production/nel-snake-9-5x3-5?id=1995

I was hanging out for it on my 24k but that's not looking like it's going to happen now for some time if at all due to the war so buying a Snake that's already produced and a different detector looks to be my option and the Kruzer looks a great detector feature wise and being Nokta I have little concern about build quality.  I'd have a bullet proof coil and a bullet proof detector with this combination if the Gold Kruzer can run it.

I just want a good prospecting VLF with this size epoxy filled coil in the higher frequency range, it's been an impossible mission for me 🙂  I just need that size and shape coil (6.5x3.5) for the task at hand and I want to use something a bit more modern than my GB2. 

Simon, I doubt the coil would work on both, assuming their frequencies are different, unless the freq of one is a harmonic of the freq on the other. Having never owned either, I have no idea. I know the freq of the GK is in the neighborhood of 65hz. I sorta would like to come into a GK, at some point in the future, so I'm glad they'll keep making them.

Jim

• Like 2

Simon, The small coil for the GKruzer is about an inch longer and 1/2" wider than the Snake coil that I have for my G2+, so not that much different. As for use, I don't know yet because I hate the controls, they should have continued the GRacer type ones. One day I'll be calm enough to cope with them.

Joel

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YubaJ said:

Simon, The small coil for the GKruzer is about an inch longer and 1/2" wider than the Snake coil that I have for my G2+, so not that much different.

Thanks Joel, I appreciate the information.

• The title was changed to Gold Kruzer Has Not Been Discontinued