Manticore Lots Of Dead Air

I'm just out enjoying the great weather hunting with mine. No real complaints except I wish they had the small coil available.

• Like 9

I'm waiting for the small coil myself, and also hoping they send out an update to improve it where possible. Surely there will be a few tweaks possible. I am amazed there have been no real software bugs found so far.

• Like 1

I posted these coments in the comparison forum a few days ago.

As a beach detector looks like its the real deal. I dont beach hunt and live in Europe. 

I have actually sold my Manticore  was not impressed and felt it was very much work in progress. In the cold light of day not much of an improvement I felt for the high price tag. Its to sparky and to noisey meaning that you have to constantly monitor the screen. More tiring than relaxing. You shouldn't have to lower the sensitivity down to much in normal situations and the max limit of 35 is useless in most situations and I feel was just to help with better specs and a selling point. The headphones are useless in windy conditions and you have no module to help enhance your audio experience. The screen suffers from screen glare at certain angles,battery run time isn't that good and the torch and vibration mode I would suggest most people wont use. The short noise cancel  is not needed as the long press is a must in most situations. I may purchase again in the future but things will need to improve. Deus 2 seems to be the best upgrade at the present time. So thats my feelings at the present. The nox 800 is my preference at the moment and seriously looking at the 900. But Jeffs issues have me holding back to see whats what.

• Like 1

I'm sure if I keep looking and maybe with a software upgrade I will find the 1600. 

It was easy to find the 269 after a short time with the XT Pro. (and the nox 800)

If they could calm the jumpy signals of all the new machines (from surface to 8 inches) there would be a lot more happy hunters. 😁😁

As a beach hunter, I'm loving it. Have learned the sounds of a good target in prospecting audio and have learned the ID #'s for most targets. One that I still MUST dig is foil above an ID of 10. It's in gold territory and sounds good, so I dig. Nickels are just a hair below tabs usually. Pennies can vary 10 #'s depending on how crusty and composition.

I don't have the problem of it being noisy or chattery. I run beach low conductors, all metal, 0 upper ferrous and 4 lower with low volume iron grunts. I run prospecting audio with recovery speed 4. I jump to seawater when submerged and keep the same settings. 20 to 23 sensitivity usually.

No problems, and I don't dig iron. Yep.....great detector for my use at my beaches.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TerryinHawaii said:

Two day ago, I got a 14K diamond ring.  The weight was 2.2 grams and the ID numbed was 8.

Yea, I'd dig anything that showed 8. It's usually foil on my beaches. 😒

Another gold ring on the beach today , a dozen coins from a hunted out 1800,s site earlier in the week . Gee I hope no more people around here get Manti,s !

• Like 4
  • Haha 3