New Rutus Detector Announced

• The title was changed to New Rutus Detector Announced

I LOVE the Atrex's performance and features, but the only waterproof machine I have is the Equinox and it's old.  I'm afraid to dunk it since it's out of warranty by a few years.

Maybe I'll sell the Atrex and try out the Versa.

bigtime1973, you can buy them from an overseas dealer and have them shipped to the states.  That's how I got my Atrex.

• Like 4

Nice looking machine with some interesting features. Looks like the Equinox and the Legend may have a direct contender.

The Dual Mode & Non Motion All Metal with Tone ID looks very promising. 10 Multi frequency choices also along with many Single frequency options is almost too much for me to comprehend. I like it.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who did a double-take when first seeing that image?  Lawyers are already toasting their upcoming cases.  :laugh:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I enjoy seeing what any detecting company comes up with to try and rise above the pack. A good example of this, is Quest and their gyro. Although, that doesn't mean I think the gyro will allow me to find more goodies, and incidentally, I don't. So, when I'm tempted to buy a new detector, I ask myself: Will I find more treasure with it?

So, for you guys that will be purchasing the Versa, are you purchasing it just because it's awesome to have a lot of detectors? (I understand that 😁). Or, are you purchasing it because you think it will find more treasure compared to your current flagship SMF? If the latter, how so?

EDIT- One other question: What's up with Rutus using such tiny screens? Is it because their users in a particular geographic location, and particular sites,  don't use the screen much?

• Like 1

Rutus produces detectors that have excellent detection properties, and can unmask and detect new targets even in heavily pre-detected areas...-as an Atrex tester, I have experienced this many times.. ...and this detector found me other good targets..

..This detector can also provide correct VDI targets and a plot of the signal on the hodograph graph, which is very helpful in correctly identifying the target ... and Dual mode/mix mode/ works very well when eminating unsolicited targets such as various large iron or aluminum foil because you have a very good idea of the size of the target and the strength of the signal....and the detector will not be fooled by larger ferous targets...like a detector with only one dynamic channel...

The advantage of the Rutus is that the detector screen can provide enough information to detect and identify the target... and not just a simple VDI number of the target as in the case of other detectors... and I use THAT very often in my practical detection... and I often prefer this one detector before others...

ATREX -12cm CC coil.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1