New Rutus Detector Announced

2 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

And....That's why SAPER prefers a detector that uses real Allmetal and Mix mode....in combination with maximally good 2D and 3D separation of targets in iron...as well as really good depth of detection,,,,

This is why I continue to use my White's XLT, and if it had higher freq options, forget about it, would never need another VLF. Garrett should be all over this with White's tech, but hey I'm now following Versa.

• Like 3

Looks like Equinox competition.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

Looks like Equinox competition.

Given the supposed capability based on prior units(Alter 71 & Atrex) and the very high degree of adjustability to suit advanced users, it will be a top tier detector. Features like True threshold based All Metal & Mixed Mode aren't even offered by other major manufacturers. If it is introduced at a reasonable price it will be a formidable competitor and their Dealer network will expand. They have contracted to have it produced in a very modern facility that should have any needed production capacity.

It may be like the Whites VCi3 or even Deus and seem too complicated to many but there are enough serious detector cranks in the world to make it a success.  I intend to give it serious consideration since many of my sites on on difficult ground. I already have enough high performance daily drivers. Having something that can really push the boundaries would be interesting & fun. It may still be a while before Nokta introduces their PI & the Axiom is too much for me to justify.

• Like 3

@EL NINO77   Is it possible to for the Versa's Mixed Mode to be true stereo so that with headphones the All Metal channel is in one ear & the Disc tone in the Other? That would be a huge benefit.

The Tarsacci Mixed mode is not and the All Metal overpowers the Disc tone. Still useful but it could be so much better if it was stereo and each channel volume was independent.

• Like 1

According to everything, Rutus VERSA still does not work in Stereo MIXED mode, but it offers independent settings of the Static and Dynamic Detector channels in its various MIX detection programs, even in each of these programs independently.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

According to everything, Rutus VERSA still does not work in Stereo MIXED mode, but it offers independent settings of the Static and Dynamic Detector channels in its various MIX detection programs, even in each of these programs independently.

So I assume this means you can adjust the volume of each component(Motion/Static All Metal & Motion Disc tone) of the Mixed mode as well as the sensitivity & other parameters?

...Rutus VERSA enables the detector to work in either Multifrequency/4-40 khz/-10 channels or on 1 frequency from 4 to 40khz.. in steps of 0.2khz or 0.6khz.!!!

In Rutus *VERSA* of the first channel /1/ static-All metall - Similar to ATREX, you can edit:

Strength of *Static channel 1-30..., SAT setting 0-20, VCO setting 0-20, as well as the strength and tone of the Threshold,
There are enough settings to adjust the characteristics of the static channel to the type of detection... - which I really use very well... according to my detection style...

In the second /2/dynamic channel.. you can adjust the settings:
detector sensitivity setting 1-30, discrimination setting-30-0-+90, also notch setting, iron volume 0-20, recovery speed1-8, detector volume 1-30, audio gain-amplification of weak signals/modulation/, Audio number of tones in audio-or audio pitch tone ...

IMG_20230515_175310.jpg

• Like 3

The Versa sounds versatile.  El Nino, you really need to encourage Rutus to try an expand into the US and Australia/NZ markets 🙂

• Like 6