New Rutus Detector Announced

I sent an E mail inquiry to the UK distributor and received a prompt reply. The Versa is expected to be available in July/August. The anticipated price is 700 Pounds(about $868)  A bit more expensive than I was hoping but I am quite interested even with added shipping.

• Like 1

I have also been studying the Users Manual for the Atrex V2 to get a better feel for their units. The Versa manual is not out yet.

It has been a good education. They are serious about it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JCR said:

I sent an E mail inquiry to the UK distributor and received a prompt reply. The Versa is expected to be available in July/August. The anticipated price is 700 Pounds(about $868)  A bit more expensive than I was hoping but I am quite interested even with added shipping.

You can try to contact Polish dealers of Rutus,  for all it will be around 100 USD cheaper than  in UK (more or less price of additional 23 DD coil), and they will have it   early in stock. for exaple this store: https://sklep.zwiadowcahistorii.pl/gb/metal-detectors/906-versa-rutus-wykrywacz-metali-nowosc.html.  ot this store https://sklep.undergroundpassion.pl/rutus-detektory-c-2.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That is good to know. Is the added expense some sort of Import duty? I have never purchased anything from overseas before.

One of the Polish sites lists the Versa as Out of Stock but prices about $785 w/ VAT. That does not include any shipping. Does the VAT apply to sales to the USA?

The device is very attractive, beautiful design, frequency from 4 to 40 kHz, but you have to see if it will be cheaper than the minelab equinox 800 that dominates the market with its device that says it is waterproof, but it is not There's a lot to buy, not even in Water you're afraid of getting into the water, except for that detail and an excellent device.

1 hour ago, JCR said:

That is good to know. Is the added expense some sort of Import duty? I have never purchased anything from overseas before.

One of the Polish sites lists the Versa as Out of Stock but prices about $785 w/ VAT. That does not include any shipping. Does the VAT apply to sales to the USA?

actual it is not in stock yet, it will be more less in  the middle of june. UK is not any more in EU so I guess all goods are subject of import duty. About Polish Vat you need to contact store I dont want to say something that is not true but it can be that VAT could be deducted from price (23%). 

• Like 2

@xawi29  Thank you for the information. Since I notice you have experience with the Rutus Alter & Atrex, what is your opinion on how their detectors perform in high mineralization.   Also if the All Metal channel gives good ID depth.   Has their detector performance increased with each new model's introduction?  I am wondering what advancement the Versa may have above the Atrex 2.0.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 2:48 AM, JCR said:

@xawi29  Thank you for the information. Since I notice you have experience with the Rutus Alter & Atrex, what is your opinion on how their detectors perform in high mineralization.   Also if the All Metal channel gives good ID depth.   Has their detector performance increased with each new model's introduction?  I am wondering what advancement the Versa may have above the Atrex 2.0.

I was using Alter mostly in  mild terrain, Only occasionally in high mineralization, I was participating in archeological digs in medieval monastery witch was completely burn  in early post medieval, so lot of high mentalization form char coal, crushed bricks and pottery and tons of burned forget nails. detectors could not  reach targets deeper than 10 cm... Alter on high reaction (7)was working well ,there was little chatering  and falsing  from it but it was easy to pick up signals of good targets. For next season of dig I have already Atrex and this one overpefromed  all detectors used there.  I was literally walking behind nox, D2 and D1 machines and pick up a lot of good  signals.   I thing rutus make a good  job with  multifilter ( I was using only single frequency with  multifilter and even reaction was not so high 4. I was using 2 coils: mars sniper and 12cm CC).  I don't know Versa  but I think it will be performing better than  Atrex due to  bigger choice of frequencies  and knowledge  that Rutus gain during development of Atrex and Versa, I think ElNino will have more to say about this as he is testing Vesra ( but I guess before official  release there will be not much information as  Versa  software is still in development). 

• Like 3

Thank you for the reply. Helping on a professional archeology dig would be very interesting I'm sure.

• Like 1

In a few days I should have the Rutus VERSA for testing... so I will do the tests that interest me... and then I will be able to write more about it...

An important element of VERSA testing will also be practical detection on different types of terrain... in Spain... where I will be working for at least 3 months... this year...

• Like 3