Button Front?

This is a difficult site. I also just updated my D2 to the new version and haven’t had a chance to iron out all the differences to make it respond like it used to.  Whenever I get a good signal I go to pinpoint and find out the target is several feet long by a half a foot to several feet wide.  There seems to be a lot of deep large can slaw (greater than 12 to 14 inches).  So even the “small” targets turn out to be larger trash at depth.  The second time I went (new software version) I didn’t find a single thing worth finding - not even a coin and this is a modern park (but not well frequented).  I think I found one pulltab and I was happy to find it… I am thinking maybe I need to drop my sensitivity a lot and see if that can eliminate the deeper large targets. I also may need to ignore the pinpoint function and go with the size of the target from the discriminating sweep.  Maybe some of those “good“ signals were actually good targets on top of larger metal pieces.  One thing is for sure – I can’t go digging 3 to 4 ft diameter holes in the park, and probably couldn’t chisel my way past the gravel layer if I could.  Tough going with a trowel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geologyhound said:

This is a difficult site. I also just updated my D2 to the new version and haven’t had a chance to iron out all the differences to make it respond like it used to.  Whenever I get a good signal I go to pinpoint and find out the target is several feet long by a half a foot to several feet wide.  There seems to be a lot of deep large can slaw (greater than 12 to 14 inches).  So even the “small” targets turn out to be larger trash at depth.  The second time I went (new software version) I didn’t find a single thing worth finding - not even a coin and this is a modern park (but not well frequented).  I think I found one pulltab and I was happy to find it… I am thinking maybe I need to drop my sensitivity a lot and see if that can eliminate the deeper large targets. I also may need to ignore the pinpoint function and go with the size of the target from the discriminating sweep.  Maybe some of those “good“ signals were actually good targets on top of larger metal pieces.  One thing is for sure – I can’t go digging 3 to 4 ft diameter holes in the park, and probably couldn’t chisel my way past the gravel layer if I could.  Tough going with a trowel.

Just guessing but it might be in pinpoint mode and not search mode and vice versa due to software update or incorrect wiring for selection of the mode that you choose.