More Finds From A New And Promising Site.

Some nice finds, promising for sure. That eagle item may be a rosette with the lead back missing. Looks like a good place..

• Like 3

That is a very nice assortment of relics. Would a Great Coat or Cloak have a larger button?  I bet you are going to find a lot more interesting targets there.   Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JCR said:

That is a very nice assortment of relics. Would a Great Coat or Cloak have a larger button?  I bet you are going to find a lot more interesting targets there.   Thanks for posting.

Hey thanks Tex.Next fall and winter should be interesting after the foilage that is almost as tall as I am dies off.I cannot even see any of the features at this point. Thanks for your comments.

• Like 1

Great saves on the items and the eagle looks familiar  maybe this is it left side second row.

Pictured below are some examples of Union (left column) and Confederate buttons (right column).

Rows:

General Staff

General Service

Infantry

Artillery

Cavalry

post-11058-0-36691200-1365244099.jpg

• Like 4

Thought you might like to know that this item, outlined in red is a belt adjuster slide to an 1850s tongue and wreath buckle.

I'm also certain that your eagle "button" is actually the center disk from a tongue and wreath buckle. That particular style is a 100% match for a fairly common  1850s stamped brass buckle.

F877C277-9AA6-4E3C-8F1D-CAF4ED63CB33_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.ebbd8e32a8317583eec9864db0646617.png

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, caprock said:

Here is the tongue

IMG_0194[1016].jpg

Hey thanks caprock I find those belt adjuster slides fairly often.... That one has a break in the bottom corner and was found several hundred yards away from the disk.I suspected that's what it might be but could not see where it attached to the tongue but now it's obvious because of the dent in the disk and from another damaged one I found two weeks prior.Thanks again for your input and I appreciate your knowledge.

9B69DC49-720B-455D-B50C-A1445BD441E9.thumb.jpeg.20b5e055d7426fbe668b009e5eee7510.jpeg

Smaller sized disk

C272EE11-6CC9-4ED0-84CD-DB7001AC0DDA.thumb.jpeg.9e2273030f1779da482a6e11e36bd7e0.jpeg

• Like 6

Finding the good stuff Doc.   Appears to be an early site.  Have fun!   

• Thanks 1

Incredible hunt.

• Like 1