Relic Hunter Heading To An East Coast Beach

Dcraun

Hello everyone, I've got a lot of hours on my D2 relic hunting here in Rockingham county Virginia. Next week I'm heading to the east coast for a dedicated metal detecting vacation on the beach. Does anyone care to share their settings to get me started off right? Detecting and fishing is all I've got planned for the entire week. I would like to detect the wet during the heat of the day and the dry sand at night. Salt sensitivity maybe the only setting that I've never fiddled with. Thanks for the advice guys I'll post pics if anything turns up!

• The title was changed to Relic Hunter Heading To An East Coast Beach

There’s no one set of settings appropriate for every beach.  The settings I use on east coast Florida beaches may not work as well on Virginia Beaches.

Given that reality,  I suggest you start off with the factory beach sensitive program, do a noise cancel and adjust the salt sensitivity and reactivity enough to quiet/stabilize the detector.   Those two settings are key to stabilizing the Deus 2 on a salt water beach.   If you experience a lot of interference , then adjust overall sensitivity but adjust the salt sensitivity first.

On my beach, I normally use a salt sensitivity setting of 7 and a reactivity of 0.  Why 0?  It maximizes depth and you generally don’t need a lot of separation on our beaches that the higher reactivity settings provide.  

As I always say, predetermined settings only serve to get you in the ball park. It’s up to you then to pick the best seat!

Good hunting….

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

There’s no one set of settings appropriate for every beach.  The settings I use on east coast Florida beaches may not work as well on Virginia Beaches.

Given that reality,  I suggest you start off with the factory beach sensitive program, do a noise cancel and adjust the salt sensitivity and reactivity enough to quiet/stabilize the detector.   Those two settings are key to stabilizing the Deus 2 on a salt water beach.   If you experience a lot of interference , then adjust overall sensitivity but adjust the salt sensitivity first.

On my beach, I normally use a salt sensitivity setting of 7 and a reactivity of 0.  Why 0?  It maximizes depth and you generally don’t need a lot of separation on our beaches that the higher reactivity settings provide.  

As I always say, predetermined settings only serve to get you in the ball park. It’s up to you then to pick the best seat!

Good hunting….

Thank you that's exactly what I was looking for just something to get started I will adjust based on environmental conditions. I appreciate you telling me to adjust salt sensitivity first 👍

• Like 2

I agree with Dan and would use beach sensetive. It has served me really well so far and i only tweak it if i get into areas with tons of iron falsing.

Have fun on your trip!

• Like 1