First Prototype Axiom Cover- What Do You Think?

I like it Doc, the only thing missing for me personally is a little nugget bottle zip up bit on the side like the DD leather covers have, my reason for this is prior to having a cover with this I used to store my gold bottle in my pocket, and one day I found 7 grams including a 4.2 gram nugget, and while pulling my scoop out of my pocket I must have also unknowingly also pulled this little plastic bottle out of my pocket too and lost in the grass.  I didn't realize I lost it until about 20 minutes later when walking back to the car.  Had I had a little zip up bottle holder spot on my cover this wouldn't have happened.  I need my bottle on me to put my finds in so my backpack isn't viable as I just dump it somewhere for my food and drink and go back to it when I need it so my bottle can't go in there.

I don't want to rely on wearing clothes that have zip up pockets or something, it's easier just to have a cover with a bottle holder zip up pocket.

Fortunately JW and I went back at night with torches and found my bottle but I've been so much more careful since always putting my bottle into that little zip up side pocket straight after loading it with nuggets 😉

Other than that your cover is perfect and looks great.

13 hours ago, peterinaust said:

I like, but would it be better to have the detector main body feet sticking through the cover?

Dear Peter,

I learned a long ago that protecting the feet eliminates damage.  The first time I used my GPZ7000 I broke the feet off.

I was kneeling on the ground testing the dirt with a scoop trying to find the nugget.  I stupidly pulled the rod of the detector to get the coil positioned in front of me so I could wave the scoop of dirt over the coil.  SNAP!  Broke off the feet.

I have designed covers for the SDC2300 CTX3030  GPZ7000 and the GPX6000 and this design with the single ply, lite-weight conveyor belt material is absolutely the best way to go.  It provides a very stable bottom.  You can pull the detector around on the ground and the detector is protected.  It's easy to wipe off with a damp cloth.  It's going to be especially important with the AXIOM, because the left "foot" has a speaker in it.  You want to protect that at all costs because it would be an expensive repair.

Additionally having the feet stick through the cover would act like a plow in the dirt and channel filth inside the cover where it would rub against the detector.

As a matter of fact I probably get more positive comments about that single ply protection feature than any other feature of the covers I design.

I have had numerous customers tell me that they got top dollar for their detectors when they sold it because they looked brand new.  They attribute that to Doc's covers.

Thank you for your input,

Doc

• Like 3

18 hours ago, dirtman said:

I like the Digi Camo pattern looks good.

Thank you,

I'm sort of keen on it myself.  It's a good blend in with the areas where we hunt gold.

Doc

• Like 1

Phrunt I hear what you're saying, but I know you Aussies, you would all be complaining because the 10 ounce nuggets in the pocket on the detector cover adds too much weight.

What kind of scoop are you using that fits in your pocket.  I never put a scoop in my pocket.  Too easy to lose the scoop.

Doc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1