First Prototype Axiom Cover- What Do You Think?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sorry, Phrunt I forgot you were from New Zealand.

Doc

New Zealand and Australia are two places on my bucket list.

I was all set up for a 30 day trip to Australia in 2020.  I had bought my tickets in 2019.  Then CO-VID hit.  I couldn't go to Australia, then Virgin Australia went bankrupt and I lost $4000 in airfare.

That hurt.

Doc

• Sad 2
  • Oh my! 2

I like it Doc, nice going. Would like this camo for the 6000. 

22 hours ago, MSC said:

I like it Doc, nice going. Would like this camo for the 6000. 

You mean a Camo Cover for the GPZ6000 like this?

It's on the way when the Axiom covers are shipped.  In the first run we did the Blue Camo to match the Color of the GPX6000 because Minelab collaborated with us on that machine.  They were a tremendous help. and they wanted a color that would compliment the machine.  So we went with the blue Camo which looks great.  However, I personally want something a little more stealthy like the Aussie Digital Green Camo.

Doc

2023-05-1514_12.38(1320x743).thumb.jpg.d966006ea4352aa14dd5845b950ef321.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/17/2023 at 5:21 PM, Doc said:

Digital Camo is going to be our go to color from now on.  It has been exceptionally well recevied.

Doc

Surprised it’s so popular.  For me, I avoid Camo on my detector gear because I want to be able to find it again if I intentionally or unintentionally leave it behind in the field (like if I have to go back to my vehicle to fetch something).  I guess some folks find it useful for keeping a low profile, or something?  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 2:26 PM, phrunt said:

I like it Doc, the only thing missing for me personally is a little nugget bottle zip up bit on the side like the DD leather covers have, my reason for this is prior to having a cover with this I used to store my gold bottle in my pocket, and one day I found 7 grams including a 4.2 gram nugget, and while pulling my scoop out of my pocket I must have also unknowingly also pulled this little plastic bottle out of my pocket too and lost in the grass.  I didn't realize I lost it until about 20 minutes later when walking back to the car.  Had I had a little zip up bottle holder spot on my cover this wouldn't have happened.  I need my bottle on me to put my finds in so my backpack isn't viable as I just dump it somewhere for my food and drink and go back to it when I need it so my bottle can't go in there.

I don't want to rely on wearing clothes that have zip up pockets or something, it's easier just to have a cover with a bottle holder zip up pocket.

Fortunately JW and I went back at night with torches and found my bottle but I've been so much more careful since always putting my bottle into that little zip up side pocket straight after loading it with nuggets 😉

Other than that your cover is perfect and looks great.

My pants have two pockets. One for bottle only, the other for whatever. Problem solved.

4 hours ago, Carolina said:

My pants have two pockets. One for bottle only, the other for whatever. Problem solved.

yea, I'm just not that good at allocating pockets, I'm ambidextrous so I sit either side of my detector digging so my scoop ends up alternating pockets, I switch arms I swing with throughout the day which I guess contributes to me swinging this heavy brick or a GPZ without complaining it's heavy so I'm a bit all over the place with my pockets.  I prefer just having a little pouch on my detectors control box cover, it's also handy for the GPZ having to carry around the little ferrite ring, not that I use it but I have it there in the pouch just in case, at least last time I looked it was still there.

I started life as a leftie, in my early years of school I changed to a rightie as everyone else was, now I'm mostly a rightie but switch to left whenever I need to, comes in handy.

After losing my gold bottle 2 times now by having it in a pocket, once with 9 grams of gold in it (fortunately found it that time) and the other time with 3 nuggets and never found that bottle I just prefer my bottle safely tucked away in a zipped up pocket on my detector, as I know I'll never leave my detector behind 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

How about your pick or scoop?

D4G

They get left behind regularly 🙂 I've even had to drop into the hardware shop on my last detecting trip to buy a pick as it wasn't worth driving home to get it again so rather than ruin my day I just bought another pick 😛

The amount of times I went with no gold bottle at all before getting a pouch on the side of my detector!

I need a little saying to make sure I remember everything.

• Haha 1