First Day With D2 V1 Hits The Good Stuff

Deer flies?.....God help ya 😄 Them flies are relentless. Gorgeous watch fob. Looks like the style of stuff I was pulling out of a picnic site active from early 1890's - early 1910's. So Victorian is a possibility right through to early Art Deco.

• Like 2

Very pleasing watch fob that you found 350.Sometimes those really steep areas can pay off quite well. Some hunters are just a little too well lets say lazy and then of course there are others that cannot traverse such terrain because of health reasons. And then there are those who just overlook them altogether.In my own experience they can sometimes produce coin spills the direct result of someone falling and going ass over teakettle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Deer flies?.....God help ya 😄 Them flies are relentless. Gorgeous watch fob. Looks like the style of stuff I was pulling out of a picnic site active from early 1890's - early 1910's. So Victorian is a possibility right through to early Art Deco.

Yeah get 5 or 10 of them around your head when mowing the lawn, it'll drive ya nuts.

I was really stoked that a low expectation hunt turned out quality not quantity. Also like the update so far, but got a while to go before I can really say much about it. My relic program worked a bit better under the older version 🤔

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

Very pleasing watch fob that you found 350.Sometimes those really steep areas can pay off quite well. Some hunters are just a little too well lets say lazy and then of course there are others that cannot traverse such terrain because of health reasons. And then there are those who just overlook them altogether.In my own experience they can sometimes produce coin spills the direct result of someone falling and going ass over teakettle.

Thanks Doc!

I was lucky to get any slope at all, most of the ravines here are precipitous drops from 50 to 100 feet, and right at the tree line. This is Mid Atlantic jungle, very thick undergrowth that makes an area impenetrable in a short time.

I agree that a lot of good finds can be made along these drop offs if you can get to them. 👍 If you're really enterprising, you can dig in the berms created to control erosion.

In most farm fields here there are a few "zones", the Turn Zone where they turned plow animals, the Hunting Zone where they watch the woods for prey chased out by hunting dogs affording a clear shot, and the Rabbit Hunt Zone, right next to the edge. Great stuff is found in all of these, the rest is pretty random.

Turn Zone produces buttons and some coins, hunting zone is pocket knives, gun parts, coins and tools, rabbit zone is coins and some buttons from brush entanglement.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

Nice! Hard to beat yellow on the first hunt!

Thanks man, nice I can set up Silver Slayer on the WS6 now. 😀

• Like 2

Gold Sweet Congrats!  Very nice piece.  Hey that type of button rings up 75 on my machine to imagine that.  😂 maybe it’s the program hmmmmm wonder where I got mine.

I am still pulling off ticks from the stuff I was climbing through on my last hunt.  I feel your pain, but it paid off for you.  Go get some more.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

32 minutes ago, PI-Man said:

Gold Sweet Congrats!  Very nice piece.  Hey that type of button rings up 75 on my machine to imagine that.  😂 maybe it’s the program hmmmmm wonder where I got mine.

I am still pulling off ticks from the stuff I was climbing through on my last hunt.  I feel your pain, but it paid off for you.  Go get some more.

You should have seen me today, long boots with pants stuffed in them and a long sleeve shirt. Wore a mesh bag over my head to keep the deer flies at bay. Poison ivy, ticks and deer flies.

It's better at the beach 😀

• Haha 6