First Day With D2 V1 Hits The Good Stuff

Ripper finds F350, looks like a great permission you have. Thanks for sharing your story I really enjoyed reading it. The things we do to go detecting.lol

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, unox said:

Ripper finds F350, looks like a great permission you have. Thanks for sharing your story I really enjoyed reading it. The things we do to go detecting.lol

Thanks Unox!

The Southern Deer Fly is the F-16 of blood sucking insects. We're at peak season for them now, If you're on a steep hill a squadron of them might cause you to take a tumble. 🤬deer-fly.jpg.e8eab47e720a70b17d52c6d661ed7310.jpg

The good news is that the bite only hurts, you can let them bite and since they won't let go at that point they're easy to swat. It doesn't itch afterward, there is no welt. I've never heard of anyone getting a disease from the bite here, but it can happen.

The season for them is mostly May into the first or second week of June. There are stragglers for a while. Too bad they infest the best weather we have here. Best to get out hunting when it's below 70°F.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 2

6 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Great finds, F350! That new update is a keeper for sure!

Thanks Cap'n,

Jury is still out for me, I'm finding the improved Full tones a bit less desirable because some aluminum trash doesn't seem to have the rise and fall tones sweeping over it. I'll have to fiddle with some of the new parameters to keep my program valid, or come up with something new. Not complaining, just observing. 🤔 

I think I should probably try that High Full option, too bad it isn't on the WS6. 😪

• Like 1

Very nice hunt, congrats! 👍

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ogliuga said:

Very nice hunt, congrats! 👍

Thanks! Not quantity but quality. There are about 500 or more acres of farm right in front of and behind my house, and I have access to it all. 😀 It's mostly planted now.

15 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

Thanks for getting out there and braving those deer flies and other vermin F350. 😄 I'll be wearing the same gear this weekend if the weather cooperates. Looking forward to your reviews of v1.0.

It's not the flies but the tumble that hurts so much. 🤣 Imagine rolling 100 feet into a ravine, you might get lucky and stop at a tree. 🤕 Or a lovely marsh at the end. 😵

Check out @CPT_GhostLight's post as well, what are the odds that both of us hit clearly ID-ing low conductors the first time out? 🤔 Hmm... ?

Oh and I don't envy you the black flies up there. 🤣

• Like 1

That fly is a nasty looking fellow, looks similar to our march flies we have here in Australia. Yes the tumble down the hill wouldn't be nice at all especially from those heights.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, unox said:

That fly is a nasty looking fellow, looks similar to our march flies we have here in Australia. Yes the tumble down the hill wouldn't be nice at all especially from those heights.

They call them "May" flies here in the Southern US, but basically they are deer flies. Fast and relentless. They don't swarm but you can be assaulted by 5 or more at once. Sucks when you're trying to mow the lawn. 😀 I wear a fly hat this time of year, look like a kook. 🤣

• Like 1