Waiting For Version 1.1

Gino

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I just tested my equalizer and it's working fine.

You’re right, my fault: equalizer is ok.

• Like 1

You know what? Right now I'm more than happy to hear the stable threshold and using pitch tone, zeroing in on the continuous beeps as I move the coil underwater.In my opinion it's the only audio profile that allows you to distinguish a real signal from the ground and salt water when diving.

All I need is the damn time to assemble a sidemount rig and test it properly

• Like 1

Come on guys - I'm still waiting on the names of the many "competitor" detectors that are better. I've always got room for a new "better" detector.

Thanks

Tom

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom Slick said:

Come on guys - I'm still waiting on the names of the many "competitor" detectors that are better. I've always got room for a new "better" detector.

Thanks

Tom

Tom - Jeff answered your question with a link to the relevant post.  But since that didn't quite answer your question...

D2 is highly versatile under a variety of detecting situations and objectives and is ultra light and ultra configurable (e.g., WS6 Master config) due to its wireless coil based system.  However. some detectors can give D2 a run for the money or are superior in specific ways over the D2.

Legend - Better Overall Value/Great accessory coil selection.

Nox 800/900 - Better at sub gram gold detection.  Though the 900 TIDs are less stable than D2.

Manticore - As good or deeper than D2 in wet salt sand, doesn't require antenna claptrap that is required by D2.  Manticore TID stability is also lacking vs. the D2.

• Like 2

Thanks Chase - There's always been detectors that were better than another at one thing or another but the reverse is usually true also. I sure wouldn't trade the Deus II for a Legend because of coil choice and value is somewhat subjective. Less money but heavier is a deal breaker for some I'm sure. 

I'm still waiting (after 47 years) for that one detector that does it all perfectly. I'll probably croak with the detectors I currently have.

Thanks

Tom

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gino said:

Change the view of the tid from giant to standard.  Remember I said what you see different not what you hear

So, switch on the RC in prog 1 general, change from large TID to standard TID display, then hit the audio shortcut button, then go to the equalizer and what should I expect to hear that is not correct?

3 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

Thanks Chase - There's always been detectors that were better than another at one thing or another but the reverse is usually true also. I sure wouldn't trade the Deus II for a Legend because of coil choice and value is somewhat subjective. Less money but heavier is a deal breaker for some I'm sure. 

I'm still waiting (after 47 years) for that one detector that does it all perfectly. I'll probably croak with the detectors I currently have.

Thanks

Tom

Many old timers need the Deus for their aching bones 

• Like 1