V1.0... I Think I'll Keep It!

5 minutes ago, Dirtshark said:

I have been thinking about getting a D2 for a long time, this new update sounds great. 

9" coil or 11" coil?

Kinda thinking 9" 

For deeper hunts I can use the Legend with stock coil. 

I think you'll be surprised at just how deep that 9" coil will go. 😉

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

I think you'll be surprised at just how deep that 9" coil will go. 😉

Agree with you!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Well we both literally walked out the door and got some yellow. 🤣 Guess it wasn't a fluke that low conductors sound better now, i feel better! Great work Cap'n. 👍 That was a 3 ring circus for sure. 🏆

I didn't have the same luck with adjusting Silencer, and Bottle Caps was already at 3. 🤔 I put Silencer up to 5 and I think higher, and the old forged nails still gave off some 80s.

There is an old house down the street I'll have to hit again... 🤔

Thanks F350! You should play around with the Max Frequency settings in each program. I didn't get to do much of that, but I think running SS in 14 KHz Max seemed to make a difference in the iron falsing. I can't wait to try that out on a relic site! 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Nice finds! I have mine updated, but haven't had the time to try it out yet, other than just testing some coins in the house. Seeing how well you guys are doing with it has me excited!

Have any of you guys noticed that in some programs nickels seem to read a couple of digits lower than before, and in other programs quarters seem to read a digit or two lower? Seems like they changed something with the way it normalizes TID. Might be worth noting in programs that use a lot of notch. In a couple of mine, I went ahead and dropped the nickel bin from 59-65 to 57-64.

Thanks, Rattlehead! BTW, your Silver Slayer program really likes the 14 KHz Max setting! 😉

Yes, I noticed the change to the TID spread. It seems like they spread out the whole range out a bit which I like. Also I think that each Frequency Max and Audio Filter settings may affect that as well. I haven't tried the Audio Filter yet, but I love being able to change the Max Feq for each program.

That High Square tones has made me love Pitch tones again. Sweet sounds with nuances too!

Also I noticed that they fixed the pinpoint function so it doesn't blast your ears out. And I didn't check what my MI-6 settings were after I re-paired it to the updated remote, but it seems a little deeper to me and sounds good with the High Sqr audio setting.

There is still so much to test out, but the fact that I could turn on the new updated D2, load up a custom program, and make good finds at a new site has me just thrilled!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thanks, Rattlehead! BTW, your Silver Slayer program really likes the 14 KHz Max setting! 

CPT and Rattlehead,

I always liked Silver Slayer based of Deep HC vice Fast so that's basically what is going on by doing that, I think, because they are both 14 khz and frequency addition processes (now with the ability to adjust Max FMF).  I am looking at a hierarchy of base program process settings to see what programs will behave identically if set up identically.  You can then use a combination of a selected base program with the frequency or soil conductivity process you prefer target specific situations such as using a lower frequency with General for Silver Slaying in wet soil (Conductive Soil Subtraction).  See this post which expands further on that train of thought.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

CPT and Rattlehead,

I always liked Silver Slayer based of Deep HC vice Fast so that's basically what is going on by doing that, I think, because they are both 14 khz and frequency addition processes (now with the ability to adjust Max FMF).  I am looking at a hierarchy of base program process settings to see what programs will behave identically if set up identically.  You can then use a combination of a selected base program with the frequency or soil conductivity process you prefer target specific situations such as using a lower frequency with General for Silver Slaying in wet soil (Conductive Soil Subtraction).  See this post which expands further on that train of thought.

Nice job on breaking down the list of differences. This Frequency Max addition definitely opens the door for further tailoring each program for our specific needs. 

With v.71 I had identical coin programs based off of Fast and Deep HC set up side by side. I added another based off of General last night. Looking forward to trying out the new features this weekend. I think the wife has had her fill of me driving her nuts by scanning stuff in our bedroom for the past couple of nights.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Nice job on breaking down the list of differences. This Frequency Max addition definitely opens the door for further tailoring each program for our specific needs. 

With v.71 I had identical coin programs based off of Fast and Deep HC set up side by side. I added another based off of General last night. Looking forward to trying out the new features this weekend. I think the wife has had her fill of me driving her nuts by scanning stuff in our bedroom for the past couple of nights.  

We're in our monsoon season now so I moved all the furniture around in the family room and made an indoor test garden. That is not winning me any points with the wife! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

We're in our monsoon season now so I moved all the furniture around in the family room and made an indoor test garden. That is not winning me any points with the wife! 🙄

You'd think these women could learn to deal with a few loud beeps mixed in with their TV show audio for the sake of important scientific metal detector testing purposes.  😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I’m on board with the good Captain and F350 in that I’ll be keeping V1.0 for the long term.  

Still in the experimentation phase but have zeroed in on 4 modified programs I’ll be testing at the beach with an eye on fine tuning them for saltwater beaches.  

In short,  I’m both encouraged and impressed. 

Good job Captain…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1