V1.0... I Think I'll Keep It!

On 5/18/2023 at 10:43 AM, Rattlehead said:

You'd think these women could learn to deal with a few loud beeps mixed in with their TV show audio for the sake of important scientific metal detector testing purposes.  😅

I know, right? And I even wear my headphones, so what could possibly be wrong with that? 😄

• Haha 3

On 5/18/2023 at 11:45 AM, ColonelDan said:

I’m on board with the good Captain and F350 in that I’ll be keeping V1.0 for the long term.  

Still in the experimentation phase but have zeroed in on 4 modified programs I’ll be testing at the beach with an eye on fine tuning them for saltwater beaches.  

In short,  I’m both encouraged and impressed. 

Good job Captain…

Thanks Colonel! I look forward to your tests, specially since I hope to make it out to Florida's Right Coast before the year is out. 😏

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thanks Colonel! I look forward to your tests, specially since I hope to make it out to Florida's Right Coast before the year is out. 😏

Let me know when you get here and where you’ll be.  Perhaps we can meet on the beach.😉

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 9:27 PM, Chase Goldman said:

CPT and Rattlehead,

I always liked Silver Slayer based of Deep HC vice Fast so that's basically what is going on by doing that, I think, because they are both 14 khz and frequency addition processes (now with the ability to adjust Max FMF).  I am looking at a hierarchy of base program process settings to see what programs will behave identically if set up identically.  You can then use a combination of a selected base program with the frequency or soil conductivity process you prefer target specific situations such as using a lower frequency with General for Silver Slaying in wet soil (Conductive Soil Subtraction).  See this post which expands further on that train of thought.

I would like to understand now that you can change the frequency on each program, 
for example the difference between prog park and deephc....
with the ability to change frequency all programs are the same! 
only the name changes...obviously except general and goldfield and relic.....
mmmm now park can become sensitive and vice versa deephc can become park by changing the frequency...
at this point they can cancel the slots and make them free for custom programs

20 minutes ago, raziel900 said:
I would like to understand now that you can change the frequency on each program, 
mmmm now park can become sensitive and vice versa deephc can become park by changing the frequency...

You’re right.  Check out this post:  

On 5/18/2023 at 9:43 AM, Rattlehead said:

You'd think these women could learn to deal with a few loud beeps mixed in with their TV show audio for the sake of important scientific metal detector testing purposes.  😅

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!! 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raziel900 said:

That's not necessarily true. If that were actually the case, they would only need to have one preset program and let users do the rest.  However, each program group (General, Park, Sensitive, Relic, Beach, etc.) can and probably does have different weightings for the low and , if used, mid frequencies for specific ground compensations and other properties. We can only adjust the upper frequency limit of each program at this time, which is adds more flexibility to the stock programs and I certainly like that.

Now, if they give us an update down the line allowing users to adjust the other frequencies used in each program, then the possibilities are endless! However, with much power comes much responsibilty, because most users would probably not take the time to learn what they need to know to properly adjust lower and mid frequencies without screwing up their machines. That is probably why most detector manufacturers are reluctant to give users too much control. 😏

• Like 3

yes but I need to know if I set the same parameters 
and the same maximum frequency of 40khz on park and on sensitive, 
if I actually have the same program that works in the same way or two different programs..... 
this is a certainty that we must have ... are you sure of what you said?

I'm fairly confident of what I said, in fact XP points that out in the Factory Programs section of the D2 manual . The programs are not defined only by their top frequency. The General, Relic, Beach, and Diving programs use Subtractive frequencies and all the other programs use Additive frequencies. That is just one program difference beyond the top frequency settings. The only programs that are derived from the same base programs are the Sensitive, Sensitive Full Tones, and Fast, and the 3 Beach programs, with possibly the Dive program being derived from Beach as well. Of course I could be wrong and if that is proven to be so, I will accept it.

D2-Programing.jpg

Since you are so interested in that, you should try setting up Park and Sensitive with the exact same settings including tones and audio type and see if they seem identical to you or not, keeping in mind they may perform similarly in certain ground conditions and perform differently in other ground conditions. If they do perform differently under different ground conditions, that would indicate a difference in processing and other internal settings beyond user control and suggesting differences in the programs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Sono abbastanza sicuro di quello che ho detto, infatti XP lo sottolinea nella sezione Programmi di fabbrica del manuale D2 . I programmi non sono definiti solo dalla loro frequenza massima. I programmi Generale, Reliquia, Spiaggia e Immersioni utilizzano frequenze sottrattive e tutti gli altri programmi utilizzano frequenze Additive. Questa è solo una differenza di programma oltre le impostazioni di frequenza superiore. Gli unici programmi derivati dagli stessi programmi di base sono i programmi Sensitive, Sensitive Full Tones e Fast e i 3 programmi Beach, con possibilmente anche il programma Dive derivato da Beach. Naturalmente potrei sbagliarmi e se si dimostrerà che è così, lo accetterò.

Programmazione D2.jpg

Dato che sei così interessato a questo, dovresti provare a configurare Park e Sensitive con le stesse identiche impostazioni inclusi toni e tipo di audio e vedere se ti sembrano identici o meno, tenendo presente che possono funzionare in modo simile in determinate condizioni del terreno e funzionare in modo diverso in altre condizioni del terreno. Se si comportano in modo diverso in condizioni di terreno diverse, ciò indicherebbe una differenza nell'elaborazione e in altre impostazioni interne al di fuori del controllo dell'utente e suggerirebbe differenze nei programmi.

I think xp should tell us this....
I think it's right that after this update 
xp informs us if there are differences between the various programs even if we set the same frequency range
  • Like 1