V1.0... I Think I'll Keep It!

2 ore fa, Mirda ha detto:

Ero fuori con la nuova versione di ieri. Ho la sensazione che la risposta audio sia un po' più "forte" di prima. Avevo un segnale abbastanza forte, ma era solo un piccolo pezzo di qualcosa. Anche altri segnali erano più grandi / più forti. Come se avessi v.71 e aumentato la risposta audio da 4 a 6.

Quali sono le tue osservazioni riguardo alla risposta audio rispetto alla versione precedente?

I also noticed this thing ... the audio response is not the same ... 
out of 4 for example it looks like a 5 or 6 of version 0.71

• Like 1

8 hours ago, raziel900 said:
I also noticed this thing ... the audio response is not the same ... 
out of 4 for example it looks like a 5 or 6 of version 0.71

It's a shame, that XP doesn't inform us about parameter changes - silencer, audio response, etc.

It looks we have to find out by ourselves...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mirda said:

It's a shame, that XP doesn't inform us about parameter changes - silencer, audio response, etc.

It looks we have to find out by ourselves...

Agree.

Also about new features in update.

For example, WS6 v1.0 add frequency scan for long press "-" button.

Very useful, but there is no information about it anywhere. 

I see that sharpshooter has received a response from XP on the silencer and are now aware of the issue. He says stay tuned. 
It seems the old adage you can please some of the people some of the time but you can’t please all the people all the time applies with the new update. 
Seems as if most are dwelling on the negatives and not the positives. Most, but not all. I guess the physicist just shake their heads when a layman such as myself complains not knowing, comprehending or understanding the complexity of such a miraculous work as the Deus ll. Give XP a break.

• Like 4

I'll add that this is V1.0. It's fine to bring up perceived problems with a new release and there will obviously be more updates to address real problems, but for me V1.0 is a big step up. I can live with learning the changes and making a work around if necessary. That's what detecting and life in general is all about. Nothing will ever be perfect for everyone everywhere. So if V1.0 isn't working for you, maybe take some time in the field to learn it thoroughly and then make your assessment, and like Chase said, you can always roll it back to V0.71 and use that until another update comes out. Meanwhile, I'll keep exploring V1.0 and figuring it out as much as I can and enjoy every minute of it! 😎

• Like 4

Looks like Sharpshooter has a beta version V 1.01 now for testing with problem fixes. Now that was fast !!!

• Like 1

Version 1.1 is out. I installed it this morning but haven't had a chance to try it yet. The change log reads: 

""V1.1 - Bugs fixed: 1.Remote rebooting issue; 2.WS6 freezing; - Other improvements: 1.The FETID setting is ON by default. 2.Silencer correction has been applied to P1, P2, P4, P5 and P6 to minimize false iron detection."

Two friends of mine installed it as well and are reporting mixed results. It's odd that they didn't fix iron falsing in Sens FT as well. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 3:48 AM, Chase Goldman said:

XP has never really explained what frequency addition means.  So that could definitely affect the FMF frequency spectrum for modes that otherwise "look" identicsl.

However, the beach modes use conductive ground subtraction which makes sense in the beach modes, as salt conductivity is being notched out.  Perhaps Beach Sensitive, in addition to having a higher Max F, has less of a salt "notch" to provide greater sensitivity to small beach gold.

Still surprised they behave that differently.

Dan - Can you be more specific about how you set up the two modes to be identical and what was different about how they behaved?  Specifically, did you set up Beach to emulate Beach Sensitive or vice versa or both.  I know it shouldn't matter if they are identical.

The only adjustable parameter defaults that are different between Beach and Beach Sensitive are Max F (24 and 40 khz, respectively) and Salt sensitivity (9 and 7, respectively), I believe.

Thanks for checking that out, Dan.

Hi,

To stay simple, Frequency addition means that you take every response of a target from the different frequency the D2 use, you average all the results and you convert to a sound. so for example, you take a little piece of aluminium that can't be taken by far with low frequency and you take a very high conductor that have a scratchy sound with high frequency, with a program who have frequency addition, you can have a good signal on both target because you use the response of all the frequency range between high frequencies and low frequencies.

For the conductive ground substraction, you do the same but because you use multi simultaneous frencies, you can compare every signals and you can identify the signature of the conductive ground and you can litteraly substract it from the final audio signal. the salt sens can widen or narrow the window of this substraction. the big difference between ground substraction and notching is that with notching, you detector see the notched target but it cut the sound so there is a masking effect. With the substraction, it's like pure magic, the conductive soil is wiped out so your detector can pass trough and even if you have a little target witch will normally be masked, here you can see it clearly like in an air test 🙂

all these explanations is my way of seeing from the explanations I received from R&D XP team.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2023 at 8:33 AM, AlwaysCocaCola said:

Agree.

Also about new features in update.

For example, WS6 v1.0 add frequency scan for long press "-" button.

Very useful, but there is no information about it anywhere. 

Just check the user's manual ! 😉 it has been updated since the release of the V1.0.

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/uploads/files/document/gb-rc-deusii.pdf Page 33

• Like 3