First Find With ATX

Hi everyone,

as you can see my name is Dan and I live in Darwin Australia . I went out with my new Garrett ATX yesterday for my first go at finding my fortune on a local quiet beach. After an hour or so of playing around with it I started getting tabs, bottle tops, nails etc which gave me confidence it was actually working ! .  I found my very first coin and was well pleased but the very next swing was very faint. As I'm new to this I thought I'd dig everything and get used to the machine. At ten inches out popped my very first gold thing !! 

I think it's a ladies wedding band, it weighs nearly six grams and is 18 carat.it also has two names and a date inscribed in it , so being the sentimentalist I am il try to find the person who lost it. Probably worth so much more to them than me for scrap.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

Good for you Dan. I can tell you enjoy life and finding the owner will be one more of your pleasures. 

Good luck with the ATX, keep us up to date on your adventures with it.

Mike

• Like 3

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum! Great way to start with a new detector, a real confidence builder. The Garrett ATX is my favorite beach detector and a pile of rings found with mine. Just keep at it and be patient. If you decide to get in the water much here are some tips for cleaning and maintaining the shaft assembly...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum! Great way to start with a new detector, a real confidence builder. The Garrett ATX is my favorite beach detector and a pile of rings found with mine. Just keep at it and be patient. If you decide to get in the water much here are some tips for cleaning and maintaining the shaft assembly...

Hi Steve , thanks very much for the info, I'm not game to fiddle with it to txt extent yet, but great info thanks