Ws6 Locked Up After Updating

I did the V1.0 update on my remote and WS6 this morning and now the WS6 is locked up on the Freq Shift screen.

I can't shut it off or change the screen no matter which button I use. I tried the holding the + & - together as well. 

Does anybody have any ideas?

20230518_113041.jpg

Some things to think about or try:

Did everything indicate the update completed sat?  

Did the lock up occur after you disconnected the puck and self restart or on a subsequent power up?  

Were you just checking that it powered up fine or were you trying to pair with the remote or a coil in Master mode? If attempting pair with the remote, attempt re- pairing by holding down the minus button as suggested above?

Is it paired with a coil?  If so, is the coil in range (it may be trying to search for the coil to do the shift)?  

Did you try plugging the puck back into the laptop with the updater loaded to see if that snaps it out of the lockup?

Worst case, you might have to wait for the puck battery to be depleted so it can power off reset on its own.

Contact XP in the mean time.

HTH

• Like 4

The update of both the remote and WS6 were successful.

I typically don't use the WS6 so it was in master and I was trying to pair it with the remote. I think it's paired with the 9" coil which I have sitting here. I also tried taking it out to the garage to get it out of range of everything but no luck.

As I said I've rarely used it so it may have nothing to do with the update.

I guess at this point I'll wait for it to power down and give it another try before I call XP. Maybe go back to .71 then reinstall 1.0

Thanks for the ideas.

• Like 3

Chase gave good advice.  

My RC locked once upon a time and I just let it stay on until the battery died.  I then plugged it back in and all was well.

• Like 2

Same thing has occurred with mine.  Guess I will wait it out also.   Please post how it goes after restarting.  

I thought things would be fine starting back up.  When I selected the startup audio selection it said something like, hold the "headphone button" when starting up.  That seems a little cryptic since there is no button labeled headphone.  May have meant the power button on the puck, but it wasn't obvious to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, parkgt said:

Same thing has occurred with mine.  Guess I will wait it out also.   Please post how it goes after restarting.  

I thought things would be fine starting back up.  When I selected the startup audio selection it said something like, hold the "headphone button" when starting up.  That seems a little cryptic since there is no button labeled headphone.  May have meant the power button on the puck, but it wasn't obvious to me.

Hmm,...so this was after updating to V1.0 as well? 

I assumed the same as you, that it meant the power/- button on the WS6

My WS6 was unpaired as I've been using it as a WS6 Master. Used it the next day. I haven't tried to re-pair it to the remote, is that where it locked up? "Press - button while turning on" is a pairing message.

I didn't have to do anything with the coils or the pinpointer, I did have to unpair the pinpointer for the WS6 and redo that.

Sorry y'all are going through this. 😪

This happened to me also. I drained the power. Recharged it. Then was able to pair it without issue.

• Like 2